60. Open Arms

Just want to mention that the video here is a song that Nishinoya's seiyuu (voice actor) sang ^.^ . If you watch Kaichou wa Maid-sama then you must know character Usui because he's the one to sing this song. It doesn't sound much like him but the song goes along with the moment. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the story ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nishinoya POV

I walk across the brightly lit streets with my hands in my pockets. I watch the people around me happily talk to each other and hold hands with each other. I take a deep breath in and exhale out.

After talking to Mihane in the cafe, we went our own separate ways. I asked her where she was going, but she wouldn't tell me. As for me, I couldn't stand doing nothing, so I tried finding Sakura, but the problem is I don't know where she is.

I kick a pebble on the sidewalk and sigh. I figured out why Sakura is acting the way she is right now. I can't believe how oblivious I am. I always saw her smiling and caring for others more than herself. It's because of that trait of hers that I didn't think she'd have a past like that, yet it's because of a past like that she understands the feeling of being alone and running away.

I grit my teeth in frustration. I'm an idiot. I'm Sakura's boyfriend and she's important to me, but I didn't know any of this. I didn't know a single thing about her past and I should've known something as important as that, but I didn't.

What can I do to help her?

Mihane's words replay in my head. What can I do to help her? Rather than thinking about that, all I want to do is see her. How can I even think of helping her if I don't see her or even have the chance to talk to her? I want us to see each other again eye to eye, not running away anymore.

I tightly close my eyes and squeeze my fist. Please! I just want to see Sakura again! I say a small prayer to myself and open my eyes hoping for some kind of miracle to see her again, but I don't see her anywhere. I clench my fist. Just what am I hoping for? A chance to see Sakura again when she doesn't even want to see me? I cross the street and notice a pair of pigtails pass by me.

My eyes widen recognizing the pigtails that I know so well. Sakura! I quickly turn around, but she isn't anywhere in sight. I might be hallucinating, but I'm not going to lose her this time. I'm not going to let Sakura go, I'm going to be there for her. I look around left to right running everywhere.

I eventually find Sakura anxiously walking with a nervous expression on her face. I can see the bags under her eyes and how frail she is now. She's been holding this burden in all by herself not letting others know the problems she had to face in the past. I clear my throat and shout the loudest I possibly can.

"SAKURA!" I yell out and she stops walking.

Please let me help you!

Sakura POV

"SAKURA!" A voice shouts my name. I stop walking and clutch my chest. Yuu. I haven't seen him for so long. I thought he didn't want to bother with me anymore. I've been running away from him and now he's right here. I built some courage earlier, but it easily falters once I hear Yuu's voice.

"Sakura, where have you been!?" Yuu asks and rushes over to me with a worried expression on her face. He tries to get ahold of my hand, but I pull away.

"I-it doesn't matter," I tell him and try to escape his grip, but he holds my wrist tightly.

"It does, everyone has been worried sick about you!" Yuu cries out, "Please come back."