S9. Wedding

"Love begins in a moment, grows over time, and lasts for eternity"

Nishinoya POV

My hands are shaking and I clench my teeth to keep them from chattering. I'm so nervous. I never thought the day would come. I slap my cheeks. Who am I kidding, I knew the day was coming. Just six months ago I proposed to her, and now I'm standing here. I didn't think it would come so quickly! My heart is pounding rapidly right now!

I'm happy too. Insanely happy. As happy as can be, yet marriage is so nerve-wracking.

Today is the day the most important day of my life. All my friends are here right now to support Sakura and me. I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths trying to keep myself calm, but it's difficult to do so. I look over at the crowd and notice Hinata, Tomoyo, and Tanaka practically grinning ear to ear for this moment. At the right corner, I notice Touya and Kaiji setting up the cameras.

My thoughts snap back to reality when Natsuki starts to play the organ and I almost choke on my breath. I watch Sakura come in with the most amazing white wedding dress that I can't keep my eyes off. She's gorgeous, how did I end up with someone like her!?

I clear my throat a thousand times trying to make sure I don't mess up saying the two most important words in my life. I do. I do. I do. I can't mess up today. I continuously replay the word in my head to make sure I don't let my anxiety take over, but even I know it probably already has.

"Are you okay Yuu?" Sakura adorably whispers to me and my cheeks flush bright red. I seriously just want her all to myself now. This is killing me.

"I'm fine, just a little nervous," I admit trying to cool my cheeks down.

"I'm nervous too, but at the same time I'm glad to be up here with you," Sakura says and a gentle smile forms on my face.

"I'm glad to be here with you too," I quietly mutter to myself, no longer anxious. I'm here with the one I love. There's no need to get all nervous.

The marriage officiant clears his throat and looks at the two of us. "Do you, Yuu Nishinoya, take Sakura Hirai to be your wife, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor her, to love her faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with her this day?"

I look Sakura straight in the eye. "I do," I commit.

"Do you, Sakura Hirai, take Yuu Nishinoya to be your husband, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor him, to love him faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with him this day?"

Sakura looks me in the eye. "I do," she commits.

"You may now kiss the bride," the marriage officiant says.

I come close to Sakura and lift her veil off. My heart stops. I could technically take her away now can't I? I smile. "You know Sakura, I feel like the luckiest guy on earth right now," I tell her, and Sakura giggles.

"Well, I'm glad to be marrying the luckiest man on earth," she jokes.

I wrap my hands around her waist and gently kiss her on the lips. I hear everyone clapping and cheering for us as we kiss each other. We slowly pull apart and I hold her close to me. "Today marks our wedding day doesn't it?" I grin and she nods her head.

"Of course Yuu, it's not just a regular day anymore, and you're not just any man either," she lightly bumps her forehead with mines and I lightly bump my forehead to hers.

"Yeah, you're completely right. I'm your man aren't I?" I grin.

"Of course, mine and only mine," she giggles and the two of us kiss again on our special day. A day I will never forget.

(Bonus Scene- After Wedding)

"Noya! Congrats on your special day!" Tanaka comes over and gives me a big pat on the back.

"Thanks Ryu!" I beam a huge smile.

"I never thought we would ever see Nishinoya married," Tsukishima mutters and a vein pops on my head.

"What did you just say?!" My eyebrow twitches in annoyance and Sugawara pulls me back before anything could go wrong.

"Now now, today is Noya's big day, lets not get too crazy," Daichi says with a smile and Asahi nods his head.

"I agree, I got some good pictures of you two today," Kaiji proudly states as he tries to turn on the camera, but the pictures load for a long period of time.

"Do you need some help?" Shimizu asks and Kaiji nods his head.

"You two were like models up there," Touya suddenly compliments.

"I agree with Touya, you two are like the perfect couple," Rina adds.

"Hehehe, it's Yuu Nishinoya and Sakura Nishinoya now," Tomoyo says with a cheeky smile on her face and Sakura's cheeks turn bright red.

"Oh! That's so true!" Yachi says in realization.

"It would be weird to call Sakura by her surname. I would have to get used to that," Tomoe says.

Sota nods his head in agreement. "Calling Sakura Nishinoya would only make me think of Nishinoya himself. It's a little disturbing."

"I-it's fine," Sakura says as she tries to keep herself from blushing too hard, "Call me Sakura, you don't have to change the way you call me."

We all laugh seeing the flustered Sakura and out of nowhere Kaiji snaps his fingers with a slight grin on his face. "Got the pictures," he says and shows them to all of us.

"Oh~ Sakura is so pretty!" Hinata comments and my eyes widen.

"No Shoyo! Sakura's mine!" I tell him as I protectively pull Sakura close to me, "Find yourself a pretty girl to date."

"It's okay Noya! I already have a girlfriend," Hinata says and everyone has a blank look on their face.

"Huh? Since when?!" Kageyama says in shock being just told that his volleyball partner has an actual girlfriend. Everyone else has their mouth open in shock from the sudden news.

"Oi, don't shout," Natsuki says a bit annoyed, "Who is it Hinata?"

"It's a secret," he grins, "I actually had a girlfriend before all of you." Everyone sweatdrops realizing that they did never paid attention to Hinata's love life. They didn't even know he had a love life.

"Hinata isn't as innocent as we thought," Tomoyo spurts out and everyone looks at each other then bursts out laughing. I look over to see Sakura getting along with everyone and I smile. We went through a lot together and now we are finally here together.

Our wedding day.