45. Return to Tokyo

Sakura POV
(12:00 am - Midnight at the school)

"Oh man, oh man! Leaving in the middle of the night is so exciting!!!" Hinata squeals in excitement in the cold night.

"Hinata, how do you have so much energy?" I ask with a small yawn.

Hinata's eyes gleam in joy. "Because we get to go to Tokyo!" he explains brightly.

Tanaka grins hearing Hinata's words. "Well, you guys were late last time," he reminds Hinata.

"It must be nice to be so simple-minded. Being able to fall asleep anywhere and all that..." Tsukishima mutters as he puts his hands in his pocket to keep himself warm.

"What'd you just say!?" Hinata and Tanaka angrily shout back at him.

I stretch myself to stay awake. I can't believe that it's midnight right now and I'm here. If it weren't for the text message that Nishinoya sent offering to walk me to school, I would have been in my cozy bed lying asleep unaware of the time. Well, even though no one wants to wake up in the middle of the night, if we depart now we'll arrive by sunrise, which is a lot better than last time. We also get to stay in the training camp for an entire week so that's nice.

"A-A-Achooo!!" I loudly sneeze and start to shiver from the cold. "I don't understand how Hinata can be so excited when it's freezing," I mumble as I rub hands to try and keep myself warm. It's still midnight, there's nothing nice about that.

"Bless you Sakura~" Nishinoya says as he comes over with a worried look on his face. "Are you cold?" he asks me and I shake my head.

"N-not really," I tell him, trying to deny it. Yet seeing how I am now, it's hard to hide the truth from him.

He unzips his jacket and it takes off. "Here Sakura, you can wear my jacket. It'll keep you warm~" Noya grins as he offers me his jacket.

"You don't have to Noya. Aren't you going to be cold?" I tell him and push the jacket back at him, but he persistently hands me the jacket.

"It's not right for a boyfriend to leave his girlfriend shivering in the cold," he concludes and points to himself. "Besides, I'm immune to the cold. I've never gotten sick before!" he proudly says and turns to Tanaka, "Isn't that right Tanaka?"

"That's right! I've never seen you sick before, Noya!" Tanaka loudly says to prove Noya's point.

"No way, that's so cool!" Hinata admiringly adds in to the conversation.

I notice Tsukishima overhearing our conversation and he chuckles. "Idiots don't catch colds," Tsukishima snootily remarks.

"What'd you just say!?" Hinata, Nishinoya, and Tanaka angrily shout back at him.

I sweatdrop seeing their loud bickering on the quiet night. I put on Nishinoya's jacket and my face flushes bright red when I catch the jacket's scent. The jacket smells just like Noya...I shake those thoughts out of my head and zip up the jacket. The warmth of the jacket spreads and the coldness disappears. I happily grin to myself as I put the jacket sleeves close to my cheeks. Wearing Noya's jacket really makes me feel like I'm his girlfriend...I mean I am, but it just makes me feel more secure, like Noya's giving me a big hug.

"Sakura, what are you smiling about?" Tomoyo sleepily asks me.

"N-nothing!" I stammer in embarrassment. I wasn't aware that Tomoyo was looking at me. I bet she's going to say something to embarrass me in front of everyone, like the video of the confession. I wait for her to comment about the jacket, but to my surprise, Tomoyo doesn't continue to pester me and yawns.