24. Interviewing

Sakura POV
(Next Day - In front of the photography club door)

Today is the first day of actual business since Natsuki and I went to the training camp. I put my camera equipment down and stretch. Hmm, that's strange. There isn't any noise today. I had just arrived at the classroom first thing today after school and it's too quiet. I try to open the door, but without the key, the door doesn't even budge.

I look around the hallways. I know I shouldn't do this, but I did start to panic, and when you're panicking you don't think. I begin kicking the door and banging it with my fist.

.... Never kick the door open.....

The door creaks open thankfully, but I see a furious Rina on the other side...

Always be afraid of Rina.

....Oh no.

(10 minutes later)

"And that's why you shouldn't kick the door," Rina ends her long lecture and my mind just goes blank.

What I expected was an angry response and the possibility of being beaten up...I did get a little lecture, but that was about it. It might be because I'm just a first year that she's nicer to me compared to the rest of the members in this club. I'm not going to complain or anything, I'm glad she's nicer to me or else I would have been like Touya from yesterday.

I scan the classroom and see that everyone from yesterday isn't here. The atmosphere right now in this room is the total opposite of the welcome party yesterday. I turn to Rina, "Where is everybody?" I ask Rina as she cleans her desk.

"Touya went to visit his sister-in-law again, Sota is sick, Tomoe is attending his remedial classes, Natsuki is with the boys' volleyball team, and I don't want to know what Tomoyo is doing," Rina briefly answers, "You and I are the only ones here today for the club," she around in her chair and stops right in my direction, "In the future, I might not be coming as much either, but there will be the other members here. So it will never be just you," she says and continues spinning in her chair like a little kid.

"Aren't there days where you guys are all here?" I ask as I sit down at the desk next to Rina and put my things down, "I wish they were all here today. I mean, seeing the whole club together feels refreshing and oddly comforting," I say aloud. It was true though. Just being with the entire club for a day yesterday made me feel like every day would be enjoyable with all of us together. In the past, I would have never thought of wanting to be around people...But now I want to be with all of them.

Rina looks at me and comes over to me and pats my shoulder. "I know what you mean. I like it when everyone's together, too," She ruffles my hair like a caring mother, "I normally give this to Natsuki, but here," She smiles gently and hands me a yogurt drink, "Did the guys from the volleyball team like the food that you gave to them yesterday?" She asks me and I nod.

"Noya and Tanaka ate almost all of the food. Daichi started yelling at them, but Sugawara tried to calm them all down. Kageyama and Hinata ate like machines while everyone else got their fair share. Luckily, Tomoyo and I brought enough food," I think back to yesterday and realize that what I'm saying might not make sense to her. She's not involved with the volleyball club, she probably doesn't know the people on the team. "Sorry, Rina. You probably don't even know about the people I'm talking about." I start to blurt out all kinds of things about the team without thinking about her. I try to cover up, but she laughs.

"It's okay, Sakura. I already know most of the members on the volleyball team. I'm actually friends with most of the third years on that team, too. Sugawara also tells me what happens in the club," She pats my back, then stops. "I need to get something, I'll come back," she runs to the back of the classroom to get something from the closet.