65. Sakura Blossoms

Nishinoya POV

How did I end up in this situation? I'm currently on stage as Romeo professing my love to Juliet...In this case...Tanaka. I glance at Tanaka who's practically crying in his mind in humiliation as he forcibly closes his eyes to pretend to be asleep.

"Ryu! You can do this! Endure!" I whisper to him and try to encourage him, but there's not much I can do. He's dressed up as a girl in front of everyone, including the team who's laughing at us. There's nothing that can be possibly worse than this.

Actually, there is...I'm the Romeo. If Romeo wasn't me, it might not be so bad for him...But it's bad. Mostly because Tanaka and I are good friends and my girlfriend is watching this right now.

I awkwardly close the distance between Tanaka and I. Don't think about it. It's just a fake kiss. I continuously tell myself this and I know that Tanaka is having the same exact thoughts as me.

"Romeo and Juliet are about to kiss expressing their love to each other..." Tomoyo says and pauses her narration. "...But a sudden villain comes in between them," Tomoyo states and suddenly appears on stage dressed up as a mysterious musketeer with a mask on much to everyone's shock on the stage and in the audience.

"Eh?" Tanaka and I both blurt out realizing that what she's saying isn't part of her lines as the narrator. She's changing the entire story...Actually, I'm fine with her changing the story, but I wish she did this earlier. There are so many things that Tanaka and I would have preferred to have not happened. I stand up and take out my sword.

"Who art thou?" I ask, trying to keep up with my acting, but I already know the story pretty much plummeted with Tomoyo on stage and Tanaka waking up instead of staying asleep just so he doesn't miss any of the action.

Tomoyo grins holding her sword. "I'm against change, and I believe that everything should stay the way it is. Seeing you and Juliet fall in love and going against your destiny makes me sick," she tells me and runs straight to me.

My eyes widen. What is she doing?!

I block her attack with my sword and the two of us end up clashing swords on stage. Either I attack and she would block my attacks with her sword, or she would attack and I would narrowly escape with my fast reflexes. Why is she taking this so seriously?

"Go Noya!" Tanaka loudly shouts, but he quickly covers his mouth realizing he's out of character. "I-I mean, go honey!" Tanaka cheers for me in a girly high voice.

I get the chills hearing Tanaka's high pitch girls voice and almost miss a step. This is not exactly the way to boost someone's confidence. Actually, why doesn't he help me?!

"Romeo, it seems like you're having a difficult time. Do you want to give up?" Tomoyo taunts and I grit my teeth. Tomoyo is giving me such a difficult time right now. She could at least go easy on me, it's just a play. I'm the main character, it would be weird if I lose the match.

"Romeo! Romeo! Romeo!" I hear cheers from the audience. I look over to see everyone cheering for me in the crowd including the photography club and the boys; volleyball team. I take a small glance at Sakura who's cheering along with them.

The corners of my lips turn up. "Of course not. Giving up isn't very manly," I tell her with a smirk. "The girl I like is in the crowd is cheering for me, I can't back down," I take my sword and get into a fighting stance.

"Hm. That's nice. Well, let's see who can win this," Tomoyo says and goes for an attack on my right shoulder. I quickly notice the aim for her attack and avoid it. I dodge and bring my sword close to her neck.