53. Best Wishes

Sakura POV
(After practice - The boys volleyball gym)

I watch the team clean up the gym for their last practice before their upcoming games tomorrow. Time goes by fast when you're having fun. I can still remember the time when the team lost the Inter-High Preliminaries against Aobajohsai. They were devastated, yet now they're brimming with confidence that they'll make it through and I know they can. Tomorrow they have to win two matches in order to get further to their goals into the Spring High Preliminaries and beat teams like Aobajohsai along with Shiratorizawa. The matches are just going to get more challenging, but with the way they are now, I think the team can do anything.

*Bzz*

My phone vibrates with a text message. I check my phone to see that it's a message from Mihane.

<Sakura I need to talk to you tomorrow!>

She texts and immediately sends another text message to me before I could respond back.

<It's an emergency. I don't know who else I can talk to. Please meet with me tomorrow! I really need some advice!!!>

<Please respond ASAP!!!!!>

I stare at the sudden message from Mihane. It must truly be an emergency because I don't see a single emoji from her. She has to be serious, but what advice does she need? Tomorrow is the game, I can't just leave.

"S-Sakura come here," Yachi loudly whispers to me as she gestures to me to come into the equipment room. I look up to see Yachi who tries to tiptoe around the volleyballs, but easily trips on one and falls flat on the ground. She quickly gets back up and I end up following her into the equipment room. Once I get in, she suddenly shuts the door behind us. She takes out a banner from a bag and hands it to me. "Can you quickly write something on the banner like a good luck message for Natsuki and Tomoyo joining the girls volleyball team?" she asks me and my eyes widen hearing her words. How does she know that Natsuki and Tomoyo are joining the girls volleyball team?

"Um...How do you know that Natsuki and Tomoyo are going to join the girl's volleyball team?" I ask her. Yachi jolts back and immediately sweat bullets. She nervously avoids eye contact with me and I sweatdrop seeing her reaction. "I'll write something down for them," I tell her, trying to make the situation less awkward and her eyes light up.

"Thanks Sakura!" Yachi says and unfolds the white banner. My eyes widen seeing the big black characters "Fly" with black feathers on the sides and a small sentence on the bottom that says, "The Sky is Limitless." All over the banner I can see people's writing on how they're wishing the best for the girls' volleyball team.

"This is amazing," I gawk. "Yachi, how did you make this by yourself?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"Kageyama told me that Natsuki and Tomoyo were going to join the girls team, so I wanted them to have a banner too," Yachi answers. "I asked Shimizu about our banner and she said a friend helped her remodel the old banner, so I went to her for some help with this one," Yachi grins. "It came out really nice, don't you think?"

"It is," I nod my head in agreement. Yachi probably went to Rina for help on this banner like how Shimizu did for the last banner, but this banner is so unique that it would totally stand out in the gym from the rest. It truly represents Natsuki and Tomoyo. "I wish I did something for them," I purse my lips in regret after seeing this nice banner.

"Eek! Sorry Sakura!" Yachi bows down in apology and I shake my head.

"It's fine," I giggle. "At least I can write something".

Yachi and I hear Takeda-sensei and Coach Ukai bring the team together and I quickly write down a message for Natsuki and Tomoyo. We roll the banner and put it inside the bag. "Let's go!" we both say as we head out and follow the team to hear the announcements.