32. Photos

Sakura POV
(Next Day - In the photography club)

I look around and the photography classroom is filled with an uneasy tension. "Um, Sota? Are we really waiting for the third years to come back?" I ask as I take a seat down next to Tomoe and Tomoyo on the couch.

"It's not just the third years, it's Natsuki too," Tomoe says, staring at the front door, "Depending on her family situation, she might not be in any clubs anymore." My eyes widen hearing the news about Natsuki.

I remember the bus ride with Natsuki and how she mentioned not being in the clubs temporarily though it might be permanent, but I didn't know that it revolved around her family...Actually, I don't know much about Natsuki compared to the rest of the club. I'm like the outsider of the club.

'Everyone has a secret or experience they don't want to share...I'm sure you're no different'

I think back to Tomoyo's words and realize the mistake I've made...Everyone in this club has their own problems, and what I just did went out of my boundaries as a member of this club. "I-I'm s-sorry for asking," I awkwardly say, looking down at the ground after asking such a cold question, and Tomoyo slaps Tomoe's back.

"Tomoe! Stop being scary, poor Sakura is scared of you!" Tomoyo scolds him and looks at me, "There's not much we can do right now, so let's just wait." She winks and everyone nods their heads.

"She's right," Sota comments with his arms crossed, "I'm sure they'll all come back." Sota looks at me and I slowly nod my head.

The room goes silent. Anxiously waiting for the third years, waiting for Natsuki. I watch Tomoyo fiddle with her hands and Tomoe impatiently shaking his leg under the table. Sota just looks out the window.

Who knew the third years really did play a huge part in the club? Touya's presence also made the atmosphere lighter, while Rina was always the person to manage everything that Touya couldn't do as president, and she was a responsible vice president. I stare at the door...I don't want this club to fall apart.

Another couple minutes pass and we suddenly hear a thumping noise. "What's going on?" I question and Sota's eyes widen, but before he can get out of the way, the door slams open and hits Sota.

"Sorry everyone! I'm late because of some family things and college stuff, but I'll always be your president!" Touya shouts and everyone's eyes widen as we watch Sota emerge from the ground.

"Damn it, Touya! You piece of--" Sota angrily shouts, but before he could do anything, Rina pops up from behind and hits him hard on the head.

"That's exactly the reason why you're an idiot!" Rina says with a vein popping on her head and everyone in the room lightens seeing the two third years back in the photography club again.

"Rina, you're staying in the club too?" I ask and she nods her head.

"That's right! Touya and I can't leave you guys just yet," she winks. "After all, we may be third years getting ready for college, but that doesn't take our passion away from the photography club," she says and everyone grins seeing that the club is still together.

"So everyone's back, huh?" Tomoe says with a grin on his face, but Rina stays quiet as she glances at Touya.

"What about Natsuki?" Sota asks, and Touya sighs hearing the question he least wanted to hear.

"Natsuki...Is on temporary leave for all her clubs, including coaching for the boys' volleyball team," Touya says and turns to Tomoyo, "you already know this, right Tomoyo?" Everyone turns to Tomoyo.

"Well, yeah..." Tomoyo quietly says, "she told me to be a temporary assistant coach for the team," Tomoyo forces a grin, "Sounds cool right...? But I would prefer Natsu-sama to come back..." She awkwardly laughs.