47. Working Gears

Sakura POV
(Last day of Training Camp)

I never thought the last day of the training camp in Tokyo would finally arrive, but it already has. It's been almost a week, and time went by fast ever since Natsuki came back after her long hiatus from club activities. I still remember the day she came back at night and how everyone was surprised by her sudden appearance at the training camp with her uncle who drove her here.

I don't know what made her leave her club activities, but whatever it was it must have been something important. I haven't seen her in such a long time that I didn't even recognize her when I saw. Something about her changed, but I don't know what. The team was shocked to see Natsuki back and the other teams from Tokyo were amazed to see the famous volleyball queen here. I guess she's well known as the queen to everyone.

"Sakura, isn't it great that Natsu-sama is back?!" Tomoyo asks me as she keeps her eyes glued on Natsuki much to Natsuki's discomfort.

"I agree," I tell Tomoyo and turn to Natsuki. "It's surprising for you to come all the way here for the team," I tell her and she shrugs.

"I've been gone for a long time now. I really should come back to see how everything is going. After all, I'm the coach for this team," she answers and crosses her arms looking at Tomoyo with displeasure. "Now that I said that...Tomoyo, please stop staring at me. I'm not going anywhere." She frowns and Tomoyo's eyes get teary.

"I still can't believe it! I missed you so much!" Tomoyo rushes to give Natsuki a big hug.

"Tomoyo, get off me!" Natsuki angrily shouts trying to push away the clingy Tomoyo. "Sakura, tell her to get off of me," Natsuki says, turning to me.

"Um...Tomoyo..." I try to say something, but I feel a menacing aura behind me. I flinch. I turn around to see Kageyama scowling at Tomoyo while doing his flying falls, and behind him Akane's cats glaring at Tomoyo. Why are they acting like this...? That's scary! "Tomoyo, I think you should let go behind someone attacks you..." I point to the envious Kageyama and cats.

"Forget them, Natsu-sama is mine!" Tomoyo sticks her tongue out and I sweatdrop. I hear hissing noises, but I can't tell if it's from the cats or Kageyama. "Natsu-sama, I did my job as temporary coach well, don't you think?" Tomoyo happily asks Natsuki.

Natsuki's face shows a deadpan expression and she immediately turns to me. "Sakura, Tomoyo didn't do anything do stupid while I was gone, like make Coach Ukai do all the work by himself, right?" Natsuki asks me and Tomoyo's drops open wide in shock.

"Natsu-sama don't say that! Sakura, say something to back me up!" Tomoyo cries as she shakes me back and forth.

"Tomoyo, stop! You're making me dizzy!" I tell her to stop shaking me, but she doesn't.

"I can't have Natsu-sama think that I'm a horrible coach! Sakura, say something!!!" Tomoyo cries out. Natsuki blinks a couple times, surprised seeing how friendly we've gotten and bursts out laughing.

"I'm joking, Tomoyo. I put you up for this because I felt you could do a good job," Natsuki says with a grin. "I'm sure you were a good coach," she comments.

That's not exactly a great compliment...I turn to Tomoyo who's practically gleaming in delight hearing that from Natsuki.

"Really?!" Tomoyo says, clearly satisfied. She's an idiot for her idol.

"That's right, that's why I chose you," Natsuki answers, confused at Tomoyo's overly happy self. Natsuki glances at the boys doing their flying falls. "You know, I've only been here for a few days, but Karasuno has a huge losing streak going for them. Are they having a bad week or something?" Natsuki bluntly points out.