Chapter 28: Possible Valediction

"Who's this bitch?" Lia thought. There's no glass of water available yet to conceal her annoyance. "This supposed to be OUR night, not with anybody else." she added. She just turned to her mobile phone and pretended she's busy texting or probably they might think she's playing a game.

"Ugh, yeah it's been a long while." she heard Dennis said.

She acted as if not caring at all.

"By the way, I'm with my girlfriend." he looked at her. "Hey babe? What you're busying with?"

"Hmm, yes?" she faked a smile yet relieved that she's not going to be invisible. She then caught the woman slightly frowned.

"Oh... I see." she said. "Hi, I'm his ex-girlfriend." extending her hand to her.

"So, pleased to meet you." when it's the other way round.

She nodded. "So, sorry for interrupting Dennis, I'm going back to my table then." as she stood up.

"Okay, enjoy the night." Dennis replied. He waited for the woman to be away from them. "What do you want babe?"

"Anything." not looking at him, again busy with her phone.

"Okay..." then he called a waiter and stated their orders.

......

As the song started to play, "I dedicate this song to --" Jerome suddenly paused and looked foolishly at the three companions. "To Andrew and Rees." as they glanced at each other and that dedication made her uncomfortable. In order to stay on her composure, she divided her attention to Eily who's been busy drinking martini as if she's owning it. And for almost three hours, Jerome was actually the only one singing.

♪♬ We do almost everything that lovers do

And that's why it's hard, just to be friends with you

Every time your heart is broken by the fool

I want you to know that it hurts me too ♪♬

Rees diverted herself watching Eily closely. She saw her poured another glass. "Eily, you already drank too much."

"It's okay, Rees. I have you anyway." and showed a silly grin.

"You have me, yes but if you'll go on, perhaps I would have no choice but drag you by your feet. You think that's cool?"

"You are seemingly becoming brutal, Rees."

"I have to if that's the only thing I could do." she countered a-matter-of-factly tone.

"You're so... ugh. Just listen to the song, that's for both of you." pointing at Andrew and her.

♪♬ Now tell me why~

Why – why are we still friends

When everything says

We should be more than we are

And tell me why every time I find

Someone that I like

We always end up just being friends ♪♬

She caught Andrew staring at her. That was awkward yet she simply shifted back to Eily. "You're drunk. That's enough." she snatched the glass and drank it herself.