Chapter 14: The Unexpected Visitor

She heard her name so she looked up. "Sir Trevor?" she was in daze. "What are you doing here sir?" she blurted stuporously.

"Uhm..."

"Sir?" she’s curiously looking for an answer.

"Don’t you notice it happened again?"

"Eh? What is it that happened again?"

"Exactly what has just happened, I almost hit you."

"Deja vu sir?"

"No. It isn’t. It didn’t remind you of something?"

She eyed him, puzzled why he’s asking or saying that.

"You really don’t remember?" he uttered when he saw she’s thinking deeply. He motioned to his car to get something.

Rees just stood there, watching him.

Trevor showed the brown envelope to her. "Now, do you remember?" he said as if he’s helping her to recover from amnesia.

She frowned then her eyes fixed on the car. "Blue car? Yes! It was also a blue car!" she said in mind. "And the lost I.D. was on the brown envelope!" she added. "That afternoon, in that avenue, it was you who scolded me?" she couldn’t believe it.

"Now you know."

She blew hard. "I’m really sorry for that day. I was absent-minded. I’m stupid at times." she bashfully said.

"I don’t think you really are but honestly, at first I did think you are."

Rees flushed and looked on the ground.

"Funny, this thing happened again."

"Now I know how you found my resume. I might look piteous but thanks for accepting me in your company. I owe you a lot sir."

"Don’t mention it, I don’t regret putting you in the company. You’re a good employee. All you have to do is do your job well."

"Thank you Mr. Kim."

"Hmm anyway, I heard this is the place where watermelons and mangoes are abundant so I came over to buy some." he said.

"Don’t tell me you like those fruits too?" she thought. "But you can just go in the market? There are lots of fruits available in the city markets too. Why exerted yourself going here?"

"Ah, at least I'm seeing different environment. I’m so sick in the city. And I want to see the plantation itself. And it was a surprise seeing you here too. Why are you here by the way?"

"So it’s just a mere coincidence." she thought. "Oh..."

"Anyway, do you know where exactly the plantation is?"

"Uhm, y-yes sir."

"Can you take me there if it’s okay?" he requested.

"No problem sir."

......

"Hey! I’m not done with you! It’s unbelievable you did such thing to me!" Jerome spanked Andrew’s head.

"Argh! That hurts ah!" Andrew complained. "You’re not over with that night yet? Why you didn’t rant like that yesterday?"

"Because they were there too, I still have my manners. It’s embarrassing if I will act like this in front of them especially because Rees was around. I heard it right, right? Her name is Rees? I find her..." he paused, "so cute huh?" he grinned.