Chapter 29: Tensed Up

"Is there something I did silly last night?" Eily asked jumpily.

"You don't remember?" Rees chuckled.

"Just tell me."

"But we're going to be late, Eily." she razzed.

"Go in, and we'll leave." Lia butted in.

Lia and Rees looked at each other and grinned. "Bye!" they both waved and shouted in unison as they ran away from her.

Eily was hesitating to go back home. She suddenly felt that embarrassment is just ahead of her.

"Oh, hi Eily! I thought you couldn't make it today?" Andrew appeared which made her startled.

She couldn't let out a word.

"Are you okay now?"

"Ugh yes. I'm okay." she smiled sillily although she's silently chanting he won't mention anything from last night.

"Uhm... so---"

She hastily cut him off. "Rees and Lia dropped me by before they go to their office." She knew he would be distracted easily if he hears Rees' name.

"Oh, she was here? She told me---" but then he was cut off again.

"I have news for you. Do you know, Rees will go to their hometown again this weekend?"

"Yes, I already knew." he sighed.

Her eyes went big and rounded. "You knew?"

He nodded. "And I know the reason."

"Oh... She told you first, huh?"

......

"Hi Rees! Good morning!" Trevor sat on the chair in front of her desk.

"Oh, good morning sir!" it surprised her to see him like that first thing in the morning.

"So, you'll head to your hometown tomorrow?"

She nodded timidly.

"I'm willing to go with you to help you explain to your family." he offered.

"Uhm sir, I don't want to give you false hope that I'll accept the offer, I'm going home just to ask my family's opinion first, weigh everything and then that's when I will decide."

He stared at her stiffly but nodded eventually. "I understand." he then stood up with hands on his pockets.

"Ah sir, by the way, you have a mee--"

"Yes, we're going out for a meeting at 10. So, be ready for later."

"Ugh, yes sir." she replied awkwardly.

Then he walked to open his door and entered his office.

......

Dennis immediately searched for Eily as soon as he arrived at the office.

"Eily!" he clutched on her shoulders when he saw her. "Why Lia isn't answering my calls?"

"Ouch!" she flinched. "Could you please loosen your grip and calm down?"

"Oh, sorry." as he put his hands down.

She pressed her lips. "Isn't it obvious, Dennis? Lia is jealous."

"I know."

"Give her time to realize until she misses you. Lia is really a jealous type. But I'm not telling you to just stay quiet, continue bugging her." she advised casually. "For her to know you're still there and not giving up."