Chapter 30: The Support System

Office hours for the day is over and everybody's racing to the elevator, well, not an unusual scene during dismissal. Rees was carrying her weekender bag as she patiently waited for her turn to get in the lift when somebody purposely bumped her side. She squirmed and automatically looked at her left side. It was Aiden who's already smiling widely at her.

"Long time, no talk, Rees! I've been missing you." he said sweetly and put his arm over her shoulder.

"Aiden." she simpered. "I miss you too."

"Is Trevor being hard on you? Giving you so much pressure?"

"Ah, no. He's a good boss actually." when it's not meant for the latter question.

"Really?" his other brows raised while rubbing his chin then afterwards, he frowned when he noticed her not-that-big bag. "What's that bag for?"

"Oh... I'm off to the province again." she beamed.

"Wow! I miss your place too! If only I could go with you..." he said dreamily. "Wait, but why are you going there again? Did something happen? Opps, pardon me for being nosey." then he pouted cutely. The elevator opened so he gently pulled her with him to go in.

"Nothing. I just need something to tell my family."

"Oh, I got it." he nodded. He kept quiet in their entire ride.

When they already got out and steps away from the bunch of other employees, he talked again.

"Trevor told me."

"I'm not surprised. You're close friends, right?"

He nodded again. "By the way, where's Lia? Why is she not with you?"

"Ah, she's still in her office. I bet she's working on something important. She suggested that I should go before evening so, that's why."

"Oh..." he kept on nodding. "I'm on the way to the terminal, I can give you a ride." he volunteered cheerfully and took the bag she's holding. They'd just stepped out of the building.

"So kind of you, Aiden but..."

"Oh come on! It's fine with me." Then someone blocked their way that made them to stop abruptly. "Hey! You? Andrew?"

"Oh..." Rees in a soft voice.

"Hello." Andrew eyed him then shifted to Rees, "May I take you now?"

"Oh, I didn't know you have a fetcher." Aiden uttered, rubbing the back of her neck. "So, I'll leave her to you." he handed the bag to him.

"Thank you, Aiden." he said.

He again, nodded and before he left, he hugged her lightly. "Take care, Rees! You too, Andrew."

"Same to you, Aiden. Thanks!" Rees bade bye to him.

......

"You two didn't talk much. What kind of greeting was that? Not the usual Andrew I knew." Rees contorted her face into a grimace.

"Oh, I thought we must hurry so I just said hello. At least I said hello." he said as he revved up the engine.

"Ah okay... He actually offered me a ride to the bus station. I was about to tell him you might be waiting outside then timely you came."

"Oh? I thought you're about to go with him."

She noticed his visage lit up so she simpered. "By the way, thanks for being my driver often. I wonder if you'll get tired of it."