Chapter 9: Connivers at Work

"What!? You're really doing that?" Lia threw an astounding look at Rees.

"Why? Isn't it a good idea?"

"No, no. It's not like that. I just can't believe you're up to that." still she's in stunned state.

"I don't know if it is right. Yes, I didn't give it a second thought but on the other side, I want her to mingle with other guys. Who knows he might be the one for her. I just want her to meet someone. If it won't turn out well, at least consider it as a friendly date, right? This will be my first and last attempt on doing this. Trying won't hurt, right?"

"Whoa! I really can't believe this. Came from a quiet girl creating such plan? I’m applauding you for that sis. Since you started it already, you gotta go on with it. Count on my support Rees." she encouraged her hesitant friend.

In the midst of chatting, there’s a knock heard. "Come in!" Lia in a loud voice.

Trevor entered the room.

"Oh sir, why didn't phone me instead?" Lia asked, a bit shocked but tried her cool to hide it.

Rees dithered, and stood up abruptly upon seeing him..

"Oh Miss Kim, you are here."

"I... I’m just... I’m just trying to help... I mean if she needs somebody. I’m doing nothing in the office anyway." she was stuttering obviously because she’s overstrung.

"I see. It's okay. It is just important why I came so sudden. Miss Seo, can you do me a favor?"

"What is it sir?"

"Can you give this to Mr. Park? I've forgotten to hand this to him while on meeting a while ago."

"Oh. to Mr. Park... Sure sir." when in fact she wanted to decline but what could she do, it’s her boss’ request.

"Thanks!" then he went out.

Seemed they've suspended the air in their lungs and when they're about to breathe it out he came back again. The two ladies startled again.

"By the way Miss Seo, nobody is applying for Executive Assistant yet? It’s been a month now. I’m sorry but if we haven’t found one yet, it will be like this for the meantime. I mean you to perform the position when needed. I even asked Aiden sometimes and I’m kind of abashed now."

"I haven’t found the qualified one sir." then as if there's a bulb lit above her head as she glanced at Rees. "Aha! Why won't we consider Rees? She actually fits in that position. It's just too bad she’s now in the advertising department." she shrugged.

"Eh?" Rees looked at her disoriented.

"Hmmm... Really?" he studied her for a moment. "Okay. After the project, if there’s no one still. Transfer her to my office, at least I knew her already." he said.

"Oh?" Rees just uttered. That was so sudden yet it wasn't final.

When Trevor was gone, Lia was readying herself to leave.

 "Lia, I'll go back to my cubicle now. Promise me you won’t mention to Eily huh?"

"Of course! You don't have to say that. Good luck to you and Andrew. Take care!"

"Thanks sis! Hope she will forgive me. Heheh!"

"I’m always on your side, Rees."

"Be safe on your way! And oh, I hope you will find the one who’s really fitted for executive assistant position. What made you think I can do that?"