Chapter 4: Spell-bound

"Eily and Andrew?! And Andrew is a model?" she seemed to be deafened by that while the two was gaping at her. "Wow."

"Alright, continue eating." Dennis took a glance at Lia and went back to his seat.

......

As soon as they finished their meals, they started to order for their drinks and when all of those have been served, different kinds of drinks, mostly liquors, and finger foods almost occupied the entire table. Rees just stayed quiet on her seat contemplating on what she would choose to drink. She couldn't ask Eily and Lia on this because they were too busy chatting with their other colleagues. Andrew saw her uneasiness so he came toward her but asked first the fellow staff who's sitting in front of her to exchange their seats. Good thing, he granted his favor. Rees decided to pick the champagne bottle and poured it on her glass. She didn't notice Andrew who's now in front of her.

"You should not drink too much, Rees." she nearly jumped out of her seat when she heard somebody spoke.

"Hey Andrew! You startled me!"

"Oh, sorry." She never failed to amuse him with her every reaction. She's always making him smile. "Seems you're in your own little world here." he added.

"Ah, look at them, they are all busy. I don't want to butt in, besides, I don't have anything to say."

"Would you mind if I take some of your time? I mean mind to chat with me?" he asked.

She chuckled. "We're already chatting."

"Uhm, better to ask for your permission first." he tapped his nape bashfully.

"Oh! It's okay." then she laughed again.

"Everybody, for our project together!" Dennis raised his glass.

"Cheers!" they shouted in chorus.

"Whoa!" howled by some of them.

"Let's make it to the dance floor!" then Aiden yelled.

They concorded with Aiden and headed to the dance floor except for Rees and Trevor. Rees just focused on her drinks and just contented herself with just watching them. Trevor was about to stand and approach her when suddenly Andrew came back for Rees and he heard him asking the girl to join them.

"I don’t really dance Andrew." Rees refused. And with that, Andrew has no intention of leaving her now.

"Ei, you must have a good time with them, go back there and enjoy!" Trevor heard her say as she pushed Andrew. "I'm okay here, really."

"You sure?" Andrew asked again. "I’ll be checking on you from time to time, okay?"

"Alright." she nodded and smiled.

When Trevor saw Andrew walked away, he slowly walked toward Rees and sat beside her. Rees was again startled for the second time. "So how was your job?" he asked.

"Oh, Mr. Kim, uhm, it's great! Thank you sir!" she bowed at him. "By the way sir, may I take this opportunity to ask you one thing?"

Trevor nodded. "Sure."

"How did you know I was looking for a job? Or have we met before? Do you know me? I mean how did you get my resume? I can't remember I did submit one in your company."