Chapter 18: Unforgettable Night

Communication between Lia and Dennis became essential. It became part of their everyday lives to the point that their day wouldn’t be completed without it. And add to that, they were in exclusively dating status. While Rees on the other hand, was asked to shift her work description from being a photographer to be an assistant to the boss. It’s a pleasure of course but also a pressure. It’s far different from her previous job, so much adjustments was needed but Mr. Kim assured that she will still be the one who’s in charge of the previous projects and has the right to get involved in the future.

"Dear, consider it as a promotion." said Lia.

"Promotion? I don’t deserve it yet." Rees countered. "Why there’s no one applying for the position yet? Did you post it in the internet?"

"We did. It just that no one has passed the qualification yet. And didn’t you hear? He said that if you really want to be a photographer, you can go back anytime. Just try this position first before you decide."

She shrugged. "Isn't there anything I can do, right? I'm giving it a try anyway."

......

The much awaited concert day has finally come. Tickets were sold-out. Fans were excited to see the trio. Lia and Rees won’t be going together to the venue for Rees has an assignment left to do. Still, she’s in her adjustment period.

"Shall we go now? I’m excited!" Lia blurted when she saw Dennis waiting for her in the lobby.

"Rees won’t be going with us?" he asked.

"She’s still busy and told me she’ll just see us at the arena. Oh, is Eily on the way now?"

"No, she’s in the car."

 When they got in the car, Eily immediately queried her close friend, "Is it okay to ride with you?"

"Of course! We’re heading the same way, isn’t it?" Lia replied.

"Nothing, I just asked making sure. I hope I'm not bothering you two."

"No, not at all. Hmm... you already confirmed if Andrew will see the show too?"

"Rees is going so he will. When Rees informed me that she will not be with us on the way, he told me that he’ll wait and go with her."

"Oh wow... Andrew is so sweet."

"You know at first I thought it’s you Eily but now it’s so clear to me why you are close, but why doesn’t he say directly to Rees his feelings? Actions are not enough." Dennis commented.

"Waiting for the right timing, that’s it." Eily said.

......

"Mr. Kim, I received a call from Mr. Song of SSMA. He’s asking if he can have some of your time. If it's okay with you, he's inviting you to have a late coffee with him anytime convenient to you." Rees informed him.

"Alright, thank you. Hmm... Didn’t he mention what is it all about?"

"No sir, he didn’t."

"Then I’ll meet him within this week. You’re my assistant so you have to be with me anywhere I go."