Chapter 32: Something Right

"By the way, what's the status now between you and Rees? There isn't any progress?" Jerome asked. He went to visit Andrew in his flat just because according to him, he couldn't take spending the last day of weekend with his boring and killjoy cousin.

"Nothing new but what I feel for her grows each day."

"Aww... cheesy."

He forced a smile.

"What if she doesn't have any feelings for you aside from just friends?"

He looked down.

"Hey, don't get me wrong bud. I'm just concerned about you."

"I'll wait for her. I already told her that." He smiled bitterly.

"My poor Andrew..." he was shaking his head. "Trevor doesn't talk to me about this. He's not really open but I see a different Trevor every time Rees is around. You're both close to me and I never thought you two would both be captivated by one girl."

"What can I do? She's something else."

"I know right, you wouldn't be like that if she isn't."

Andrew's phone suddenly rang. He smiled widely when he saw it's her so he immediately answered it, "Hello?"

"Andrew! I just finished packing my things and in about half an hour or so, I'll be going. I'm sorry I call you just now."

"It's okay, Rees."

Jerome gave him a meaningful stare like a teenage boy teasing his mate.

"I won't insist on fetching you right there 'cause I know you'll strongly turn it down but please let me meet you at the terminal. Text or give me a call if you're approaching the area."

"Wow? You're kind of bossy now, huh?" she chuckled. "Anyway, if you say so, then see you there."

......

"Then here I go again, alone and has nothing to do. What should I do now?" Eily uttered under her breath. The thought of Rees going to the States arose suddenly in her mind. "What will happen to me if she will go and I will be left with Lia who's if not for Dennis, she would just be busy with her work. Although, it isn't happening yet, I'm already experiencing the perks of being single at its best." she threw herself on the sofa hitting her back hard. "Ouch!"

......

"I was so frightened until when you're not going to talk to me. I feel so lifeless." Dennis said. He took Lia in the man-made stream which is the Open Stream where they'd officially first dated. They were seated on the side that's designed of two steps stairs down to the running water.

"I'm sorry for making you feel like that." she rested her head on his shoulder. "All has been cleared yesterday, babe. Why still bringing that out?"

"Maybe I haven't moved on yet?" he feigned a laugh. "Hmm... to be sure it isn't a dream, can you slap me, babe?" he jested though he sounded serious.

"What?!" she faced him. "Babe, I won't do that. Can't you feel I'm sitting right here beside you? Did I make you like that terribly? It's not a dream." she then cupped his face.

He reached one of her hands and locked them. "I love you so much, Lia."

"I love you too, Dennis. More than you ever know." she smiled and pecked him on the lips before she could rest her head again on his shoulder as she looked down at their reflection on the water where he was too gazing at.