Chapter 35: No Big Deal

"Calling all the passengers of flight PR104 to San Francisco, we are now inviting those passengers with small children and passengers requiring special assistance to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you and good evening." that announcement echoed in the lobby.

"Oh, I only have ten minutes remaining." Jerome recoiled.

"I guess you have to get in and be at the lounge. See you again animal doctor. And update me if you'll stay longer." Andrew said.

He laughed. "Ah, regarding if I'll continue to DVM?"

"Yeah, since you said that's likely the path to be a certified veterinarian?"

"Not to mention to pass the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination." Jerome added. "Woah! Pressure, dude."

"You can do it."

Laughing, "Thank you, dude!" then patted him again. "And best of luck to you and Rees." he whispered. "Hope she'll realize it soon."

He sighed and nodded. "Thanks too, bro."

"Oh!" he exclaimed. "I almost forgot it again." he hurriedly fished a little box inside his pocket. It was wrapped in glossy light pink paper. "Please don't laugh at me. I just need to do it so that she can have this." he tittered. "I forgot to give it to her a while ago. Maybe I was a bit nervous. Can you hand it out to Eily?"

Andrew chuckled. "Sure thing, no problem. I'm now becoming curious what's happening between you two but I won't ask you further 'cos I know I won't get anything from you especially now you're leaving. I will find it out anyway." he joked.

He flushed and bypassed his remark. "Now, where the hell did my cousin go? Why he's not yet showing up so I can go?" he pretended to be irritated.

Andrew knew him too well so just shook his head then timely he saw Trevor approaching toward them. "There he is."

"I heard the announcement, go in and have a safe flight." Trevor gave him a little hug.

"See you soon in the U.S. if we both have time."

Andrew and Trevor didn't talk much. Andrew took his leave first, making up an excuse that he has to drop by to some place.

......

"I had a great time with you guys. Thanks for inviting me over, babe." Dennis said before he goes in his car. They were standing in front of their apartment's gate.

"You are always welcome here, Dennis." Rees said.

"Yeah right, as long as you won't treat Lia bad..." Eily added jestingly.

He frowned. "Eily? You know I won't do that, right?"

"I just want to make sure." as she leaned by the gate with her arms crossed.

"You can join us marathoning movies next time. We love doing that whenever we're all free on weekends." Rees said, smiling.

"Sure! I would love that! Thanks Rees."

Lia then butted in. "So much for that, it's a bit late for him to go."

"Oh yeah, I've got to go. I'll be looking forward to that movie marathon. And next time it's my turn to invite you over to my flat. So, see you next time!" he said as he went around and opened his car's door.