Chapter 10: Set-up Tryst

Chapter 10: The Set-Up Tryst

Lia helped Dennis select the suitable glasses for him. It’s similar to the previous one but its frame was thinner. He was grateful for the time she’s spending with him. She even accompanied him to dine and as his requital, he ordered her a dessert and a drink. Good thing, she didn't turn it down.

......

Jerome came out the lavatory seeing a lady in the table where he left Andrew. He walked toward her and there he stood behind her chair. "Where the hell did that Andrew go?" he said in mind. He approached the girl and poked her lightly with his index finger. He cleared his throat and asked her. "Uhm, excuse me? Did you see the tall and not so good looking guy sitting here a while ago?"

"Yes, are you talking about Andrew? He left, they left me here." Eily answered not turning to him.

"Eh? You know Andrew?" then he sat.

"Yup." she replied. The moment he sat, she then was groping something inside her bag, for her hanky maybe or her phone. When she lifted her face, Jerome has his head down and busy with his phone too. She went back on her bag which was on her lap and placed it on the table to continue the searching... for her phone. When finally felt it, she brought it out and typed a message for her friend. After her text has been sent, she lifted her face again and at that very moment she caught the sight of the guy who's then in front of her but he's not facing her. She attempted to converse with him. "Is Andrew your friend?"

"Yes, he is my best bud." Jerome stopped, "That voice is quite familiar." he looked at her and at that time he recognized the lady. "You?!" he removed his shades and he was so stunned.

"You again?!" Eily was struck dumb too. "I can't believe I am seeing you again!" she grumbled.

"Woh! I can't even believe you're Andrew’s friend!" Jerome blurted out.

......

Dennis has already purchased their tickets when Aiden met them.

"Woah! Didn’t expect to see you here and other than that you are with Mr. Park! So you’re going to see the movie too?" shifting his glances to both of them.

Lia was about to speak when a tall and classy woman emerged by his side and clung her arm on his. It was Jerah. She couldn’t deny that there’s an inkling of jealousy in her though reassured herself that she's already got over and done with what she had for him..

"Oh Lia!" exclaimed Jerah. "How you doing? Do you know that Kazu is missing you? Hmm, just saying."

"Really? He does?" she forced a soft laugh. Kazu was her ex-boyfriend when they were in college. She tried to divert her feelings for Aiden to him but it didn’t help. She didn’t want to continue because she’s aware that it would end up hurting him if it went on, so her relationship with him only lasted for three months.

......

Andrew and Rees were just sauntering down the street where Choeng-U Chamchi is located. "Are you hungry?" Andrew asked. "Let's go and grab something to eat?"

"My tummy is actually growling now." she let out a shy smile.

"You want Japanese foods again?" he guessed.

"It’s alright but it would be much happier if we’ll be near the river." she requested.

"If that’s what you want." then a vibrate from his cellular phone interrupted him.

======

From: Jerome

Hey! Where on Earth are you!"