Chapter 5: Besotted

Chapter 5: Besotted

The pictorial went well. At first, Andrew was timidly standing and posing in front of her but then after a while it broke off, he began to be comfortable with her. They were doing the photoshoot for promotional posters. For today’s shoot, he’ll be wearing casual clothes.

"Yey! Lunchtime!" squeaked Eily when she saw the wall clock's hands were at exactly 12.

"Don't tell me, while we're doing our work here, you are busy watching every second and minute of the time?" Andrew teased her stylist.

Rees shook her head. "Guys, you may go now. I'll follow as soon as I'm done collecting back these things."

"I'll help you then!" Andrew volunteered.

"Well, what can I do?" Eily has no choice but to help them too.

When they cleared up Rees' stuffs, she told Eily to inform Lia via text message where they're going to have their lunch. Trevor suddenly appeared by the door along with Dennis.

"You may have your lunch now, go ahead but Rees will go with me, we have something to discuss." it was spoken with authoritativeness.

"So then Mr. Kim, see you again... I'm going with them." Dennis faced Trevor.

Rees uneasily looked at Eily after hearing that.

He glanced at her. "Follow me." he said.

"Yes sir." And she has to go after him.

"Rees!" Eily called when they were nigh the door. "Eat well, alright!" she slightly smiled.

"Aish!" she muttered. Then they vanished on their sights. While on the other side, Andrew was so disappointed because he already expected that Rees would be with them again for their midday meal.

"I'm worrying about her. She's not eating well when she's alone with somebody she doesn't really know yet." Eily said.

"Why that was so urgent for Mr. Kim? He may call on Rees right after our break, right?" Andrew was wondering.

"Well, I'm sure Trevor won't let that, Eily." Dennis tapped the lady's shoulder.

"I hope so, but then you're here for her substitute for this day sir! Oh! I mean Dennis." she scratched her head.

"Substitute eh?! What do you mean?" Dennis was puzzled.

"The last time we ate, we were four, you are excluded. The other one is Lia, my other best friend, the one who ---" her explanation was cut off.

"Lia? The other girl you're with when we were at the bar last time? Is that her name?" he asked furiously as if not breathing.

"Eh? Why? But yes, it's her."

Dennis froze.

......

Eily sent to Lia that they wanted to have their lunch in a fast food chain, besides that was Rees' request but unfortunately, she won't be going with them due to that urgent meeting. Eily and Andrew volunteered to take their orders in the counter. Lia didn't expect that Dennis would join them therefore, they were left in the table. There was an awkward silence between them. Moments happened earlier that morning were having flashback on their minds. When the image of that accidental kiss was the scene, they both blushed. In order to reduce the awkward atmosphere, Dennis tried his best to remain composed so he started a conversation.

"How's your day Miss Lia?"

"It's fine sir."

After that quick talk, the feelings of embarrassment were back on them. From a far, Andrew has seen their actions but he just didn't mind it for he thought that they don't know each other yet and that's normal. He's thinking about Rees at the moment, thinking if she's alright with Mr. Kim.