Chapter 16: Gathering Guts

Rees alarmed her phone before the members get up. It was 4:30 in the morning. She went to the hill to pick some flowers which she will bring to a dear one. As she carefully plucked the flowers, she remembered the tulips Andrew had given her. "I still haven’t figured out his fill in the blanks when it's totally blanks. How could I answer that if he has no plan of giving some clue?" she pouted.

......

"How's your sleep?" Casey asked Andrew.

"It's kind of strange to think that I'm comfortable here but I’m really is. Thank you for allowing me to sleep here uhm... bro?" the fact is he really didn’t fall asleep that fast being bothered by a single photo.

"Mmm..." he nodded. "Yeah like that, call me bro, like how my baby sister does. By the way, are you going today? You will take my sister with you back in the city?" he queried. "You must take good care of her. She’s still fragile as I can see, she hasn't recovered yet. Sorry if I keep on teasing her to you. I just want her to see jumpy and blushed and to lighten her up. But then based on my observation, you like my baby."

Andrew flustered but something caught him. "Uhm, excuse me bro, I’m sorry but mind if I ask? What do you mean hasn't recover yet? From what?"

......

Dennis stared blankly on his laptop. He signed in for his e-mail but his mind was flying off somewhere. He hasn’t got over from the last night’s date. He was grinning madly as if an image of that lady was appearing on his laptop screen. 

......

Casey heaved a deep sigh. "May I know first why you are here kiddo?"

Andrew’s agitation was up. Eager to know what her older brother was saying, he answered him right away. "My intention is to follow her. She’s the type that must be protected. I don’t know why I’m feeling this but it is what I feel that I must be doing. And the major reason is actually..." he bit his lips. He looked at him earnestly. "I want to be with her."

Casey was moved. He grinned.

"Can I woo her?" he bravely asked. "I already said this to her best friend, I feel something is troubling her so I’m not rushing, I am willing to wait."

The older was greatly impressed. "Even we met just last night. I know you’re a good man. I believe. We need someone like you to be with her. Help her move on."

"That’s also what Eily has told me. Now I’m really curious to death what that was. She kept on slipping on that thing but not saying anything more until I become brooded by it."

"You really want to know what it is?"

"Can I?"

"Alright, I will tell everything to you not only because I like you for her but also I foresee you’ll be a helpful instrument for her to overcome this." Casey stated.

Andrew paid attention closely to him, ready to fathom the damsel's bygone.

"She had a boyfriend and they were supposed to be married in less than four years." he began. "Her boyfriend or let say her supposed to be fiancé, was my best buddy. His name is Hero. We were classmate in high school and I absolutely like him for Rees. I really thought and used to expect that they would really end up together, even our parents believed. They were the sweetest young pair I ever known in my entire life. He's taking care of my sister. I witnessed how he made my sister happy, how they inspired each other, how they loved one another. He treated our Rees like a real princess. They were perfect."