Chapter 7: Breaking the Ice

"Where have you been Rees? Lia said you went somewhere." Eily accosted as soon as Rees entered the door. Eily stayed in the sala waiting for her.

"Oh, Eily. Uhm, had you and Lia taken your dinner?" she countered avoiding her question which she did not want to talk about.

"Ugh, yes we're done. How about you?"

"Yes, I've had mine too. I ate outside."

"With whom? Hmm, lemme guess, were you with Andrew?" she grinned.

Apparently, she succeeded. "Sis, I want to rest now, I'm tired. I'm going to sleep." then she headed upstairs.

"What’s up with those two? Lia too was a bit weird a while ago. What’s happening? Is it full moon tonight? " she was puzzled by her friends' behavior.

......

The pictorial for the day has been done but Rees decided to have overtime. There's no deadline to meet yet she's in the mood to work on it. She has already informed her chums about coming home late.

She was doing the drafts of her takes when she has smelled the aroma of coffee. "Coffee and sandwich for the busy lady here." then placed it beside the flat-screen monitor. It was Andrew. Rees was surprised to see him of course. Andrew actually came back for he had forgotten his jacket. She didn't notice him because she's too focused on what she's doing. He didn't want to disturb her but he wanted to accompany her, so he rushed to buy cups of coffee and clubhouse sandwiches for them.

"Ei! Why you're still here?" she asked. "It's quite embarrassing but thanks for these."

"Ah, it’s nothing. I just forgot it here that's why I came back." pointing on his jacket. "And it happened that you're still here. You didn't feel my presence 'coz you're too serious on your work." he then looked on the screen. "Wait, I don't remember they have given us deadline." and he noticed one of his shot. "Wow, I look so ravishing on that one." he boasted jokingly.

"Woh! Overconfident huh?" she chaffed. "Anyhow, yes, no deadlines announced yet, I'm just in the mood to work on it, besides I want to make up for my absence last time."

"Ah, I see we have a hardworking lady here." he was impressed again. "Uhm,  would you mind if I'll stay with you here? Don't worry I won't bother you."

"Eh? Why? You will just waste your time staying here. You'd better go home now." she said.

"Aren't you afraid of ghosts?" trying to make her scared.

"What?" from the screen she shifted her eyes on him, she’s really afraid of ghosts.

"Hehe! I'm just kidding."

She straightened her spine and folded her arms. "It's not funny."

"Oww sorry... Let me stay please."

“Okay, okay." because of him mentioning about ghosts, she didn’t want to be alone anymore.

After Rees had finished the drafts and turned off the computer, Andrew offered to send her home. "It's already late and I don't think you can go home immediately. Buses and cabs are infrequent by this time." Rees wanted to go home as soon so she didn't refuse.

"Thanks for the ride Andrew!" she said before alighting from his car.

"What if from now on I will send you home?" he proposed smiling coyly.

"Huh?" Rees skipped that for she didn’t know what to say, it's kind of awkward to her. "By the way, want to have coffee before you go home?"

"Although we've just had our coffee, I really love to! I love coffee but ---"