Chapter 19: Making it Obvious

"I didn’t expect to see Mr. Kim in the concert because he showed no interest at all." Rees said.

"He’s with his cousin Jerome, right? Maybe he convinced him to come with him. He has the aura of being persistent." Lia’s guessed.

Eily was sitting on her bed and was absent-minded.

"Anyway, this is one of my best nights!" Lia yipped. She's holding a glass of banana milk.

"Yes. I’m still overwhelmed seeing them in person. They looked like moving mannequins." then she beamed, "And for your blossoming love life, I’m so happy." she hit her stomach lightly.

Lia looked down as she smiled timidly. She was blushing. "Thank you, sis."

Then that was the time Rees has noticed Eily wasn’t joining them. It’s odd that she’s not talking. "Hey Eily! Why are you so quiet?"

Eily was alerted in a sudden. She searched for words but she didn’t know what they were talking about. "Yeah! Feels like I’m still in a dream." she blurted out. Her voice was raucous.

Lia cracked up. "Oh! You hurt your voice! You were screaming all the time. No wonder you got that."

Rees flashed a smilet and shook her head.

Lucky that she was saved by that voice, it was well-timed.

"Okay, you’re excused now. Rest your throat." Lia said.

"Yep, that should be." Rees agreed. 

She was recalling the happenings in the concert but not the concert itself, it's the guy who she came across before the show ended.

"Hey, see how we meet again!" Jerome was surprised to see her too. They were gathered outside the arena, in the parking space.

"Yeah, it really surprised me either. Are you a fan too?" Eily asked.

"Not really but I like them."

"Ah..."

The conversation was short but it was worth remembering for her, the moment how he glimpsed at her was the highlight of the night for her. And also, this was the first time they spoke to each other in such manner, like good friends.

......

Rees and Eily were peacefully landed in nods while Lia has been staying widely awake. She hugged the panda stuffed toy which Dennis gave her. "Dennis, I can’t sleep thinking of you huh?" She punched it one more time and then would squeeze it afterwards. "Good night to you." and snuggled the toy again.

......

5 in the afternoon, Trevor brought Rees along with him on his meeting with Mr. Song.

"She is Andrew’s photographer, right? I didn’t know she’s also your assistant. Great employee you’ve gotten huh?"

Rees simpered.

"Anyway, let’s start the thing over. I’m planning to throw a small party for giving us a chance to work with you, for letting our model to endorse your apparel and to think that he’s just a newbie for you to entrust it."

"No problem at all Mr. Song. Hmm... Why don’t we make it a little big celebration? We will take part too. We will shoulder the venue, how about that?" Trevor suggested.

"Wow! Oh, it’s an honor that you want to take part organizing too."

"So, it is settled then?"

It was followed by deciding on the important details like the where and when, and afterwards some random business matter issues confabulation.

When that meeting has ended, Mr. Song extended his hand as Trevor gladly shook hands with him.