Chapter 27: Double Bolt From The Blue

"You don't have to worry about Rees being with Trevor, sis. If you're really concern about her who seemingly sees Hero's ghost on him, why don't just let it be? After all, we're just here. We are friends." she paused. "Let just think it's a mere coincidence that she met someone who's kind of similar to Hero." Lia tried to explain to the upset Eily.

"How will she move on if the situation will be like that? Please explain. If she's always with that Trevor you think the grudge she has will somehow fade away? That is why at the first place, I wasn't agreeing of her to be his secretary because I've foreseen something like this would come."

Lia sighed and sat on the side sofa. "Maybe you're just thinking too much Eily."

"Yeah! Because it's really too much!"

She was muted, somehow she's guilty for she has a point.

"Also, that's why I keep on pushing her to Andrew. ‘Cause I know, he'll be the perfect one for her. I'm pretty sure you see how he cares for her."

"Yeah... I know that and I see that."

She rolled her eyes then glimpsed at the wall clock. It's past nine already. "Tsk! And why she hasn't home yet."

......

"Uhm... I know you're not okay Rees. I didn't intend to make you feel this way nor wouldn’t I want to keep it." Trevor said. They're already in front of their gate.

She looked at him still wordless. She's not talking the entire ride. She's done crying, her eyes puffed.

"I'm sorry."

She shook her head then at last she spoke in a soft voice, "Don't be. You haven't done anything wrong Trevor."

He put her in his embrace. "I have to let you know. I want you to see me as me, not Hero. I'm sorry if I'm reminding you of him. I'm not helping and I felt bad about it."

"This is all after the mirage I'm seeing in you. I even thought that he might be still alive and he was like changed his face or something. Yeah, that's crazy that's why I didn't let that dwell on me that long." she pursed her lips. "Thank you for letting me know, Trevor. At least now, I know."

He nodded stuck his cheeks to hers.

Rees smiled on that, which felt so comforting to her. "Uhm Trevor, it's late I guess I have to go in now."

"Oh... but wait... There's another thing I want to say..." not letting her to open the car door.

"There's more?"

"It's not about him. It's about me."

She frowned. "What's it about you?"

"It's not the right time but this can't wait. I want to say it now..."

She's eyeing him intently.

"Rees, I love you. Please, let me take care of you..."

Dumbstriken with his out of the blue confession, she tried to avoid his gaze.

"That's why I really want you to go with me in Los Angeles. I always want to see you. That’s the only way I know."

She gulped.

He just stared. "Yes, this is selfish but you’re still the one who’ll decide on that."

......