Chapter 11: Dropped Hints

The next day, despite of having colds and headache, Lia forced herself on going to work. She had an important meeting to attend regarding the sister company’s new endorsers and about taking part as one of the biggest sponsors of the endorsers’ concert.

"So? They are obviously singers. I wonder who they are." Rees said while she and Eily were in the studio readying for their out of town trip for their photoshoots.

"The meeting is just you know, wrong-timed? Why do they have to schedule it on the same day with our trip? Lia was supposed to be with us, I know Mr. Kim would allow her." Eily complained.

"Sad that she’s not gonna be with us but what can we do? It is still work. It’s not about having fun Eily."

Meanwhile, Dennis was so sick. He phoned Eily to inform that he couldn’t go with them so she appointed her to be in charge for Andrew. He assured her that it’s just simple and has nothing to worry about. After the call, Andrew arrived and when found out that his manager couldn’t make it to go with them, he mentioned to them about the incident last night. When his phone suddenly rang, it was again Dennis.

"It’s Manager Dennis. He might probably tell me too about his absence?" Andrew told them. Dennis called Andrew asking if Lia’s okay. He told him that according to Rees, she has common colds but need not to worry for she can take care of it. She brought lots of medicines and would just have to drink lots of fluid.

"Eily, Manager Dennis likes Miss Lia, am I right?"

"That’s what actually running in my mind." Eily replied.

"I observed them, they looked nervous whenever they’re together."

"Oh? Another love life in the making! So I’m left behind now! It’s crazy!" she blundered out her disappointment. Then she looked at Rees who’s still busy bagging some stuffs in the corner, and there's a sudden urge to ask the guy. "Hey Andrew, we’re always together but I always forget to ask this, you owe me a clarification."

"Eh? About what?" he eyed her quizzically.

"About Rees."

Upon hearing her name, he straightened up and listened attentively.

"Yeah, I already confronted you before but are you currently wooing her?"

Her query made him a little awkward yet he had answered her sincerely. "I don’t want her to feel or think I’m being hasty. Besides, there’s this something I feel that she’s not ready for relationship. I don’t know why or how so I can’t tell. For now, one thing is I’m happy about... that I feel she is comfortable with me and I want it that way."

"Woah Andrew! Should I give you a big hand? You’re different and ugh whatever it is. I’m wishing that you will be the one for her. Help her Andrew."

He was flattered by her words but got puzzled again. "Help her? What do you mean?"

Eily was taken aback for letting that slip. "Oh my..." she muttered. "Okay, I must say I’m now really at ease whenever Rees is with you for she is in good hand. Just be around her always, that’s what I can say. I’m not in the position to tell you about her past. You’ll understand it when the right time comes." she tapped him on the shoulder.

"That brought me in muddle but I promise I’ll always be there for her." then he stared at Rees for a moment.

......

The company provided a mid-size 4-door pickup for them. Of course, there should be a driver with it plus another staff who Rees could rely on, an assistant pulled out from the same department with her. They were heading to the south. The place was researched accurately and been selected by Trevor personally. It must have to be near the coast, narrow road for bicycles, picnic area, and zip line. The three were undeniably elated by thinking of having the privilege to experience those though they were neophytes to the work and it was a two-day field work.