Chapter 26: The Divulgence

It’s another busy Monday for everyone and the season started to change. It’s no longer summer. Rees and Lia arrived at the office with their skirts had rain drops on, their umbrellas were dripping too. Rees didn’t allow Andrew to fetch them for she’s aware that he drove long last night. Lia told Dennis so, whilst Eily struggle going alone.

“Tsh! Those two are being cruel to me. If they only let the boys send us, I wouldn’t be on this kind of situation.” she’s wiping the wet parts of her arms and legs. She stayed in the lobby for a while.

“Oh Eily, good morning!” Dennis greeted.

“It’s actually a not so good morning.” she replied.

“Why?”

“Look at me. The day hasn’t reach the mid then here am I looking haggard.” she ranted.

He chuckled. “Eily, relax. I'll get you some coffee, just wait here.”

“Wait!”

“Hmm?”

“I want Cappuccino.” she razzed.

"Ugh" he shrugged. “Alright, noted!” he then walked out the foyer.

......

Rees and Lia were on the elevator alone when the latter asked.

“Rees, I remember Trevor’s invitation last night. Are you going with him tonight?”

“Uhm, about that. I really don’t know. Do you think I should accept his invite?”

“Rees, if you don’t want then don’t. If I say yes, will you go?”

“I don’t know either.”

"See?" Lia sighed and shook her head. “Hmm... there’s a part of you that you want to, right? I know you Rees, you are the kind of if you don't want you won't think about it like you do now.”

“Ugh. Lia, what am I going to do?" she's on edge.

“Dear, when we go up later, he will ask you again. Make up your mind.”

She was muted.

“It won’t hurt if you accept anyway.”

She fixed her gaze on her.

“So, good luck!” then the elevator has reached their floor. They stepped out and find no one’s around yet. “Wow! Seems no other people yet.”

"I hope he's isn't here yet too." she said to herself. "Uhm, it’s still raining outside, maybe most of them got stranded. Luckily, we went earlier than usual.” she peeked outside through the glass-wall.

“ We didn’t budge cause we know you’re good at predicting the weather.” she laughed.

She sneered. “Am I?”

......

Trevor’s still on the way with Jerome on his passenger seat. He let him be for it's was his request to lurk in the office since he’ll be back in the U.S.

“Few more days left, then I’m leaving. Won’t you miss me Trevor?” Jerome asked out of a sudden.

“Hmm... I guess there are times I will."