Chapter 24: Confiding the Affliction

Chapter 24:Confiding the Affliction

The entourage has already lined up, waiting for the cue to march on, until the ceremony has begun. Everybody was facing at the back as they watched them attentively walk down the aisle. When the best man and the groom have already settled on their respective place to bide for his bride, Casey suddenly couldn’t fathom what was happening to him. He denied the feeling although his hands were becoming cold so he rubbed them to make them warm. Andrew noticed that.

“Bro, relax.” He whispered and tapped his shoulder.

“Hey, I’m not nervous or anything. This is just weird. I wasn’t feeling this a while ago but why it’s striking me now?”

He smiled and tapped him again.

The primary sponsors were already stationed to their seats. It’s the bridesmaids along with their partners, the groomsmen turn. Dennis felt proud as her girlfriend marched on. He brought out his mobile phone and took shots of her. “You’re so pretty.” He mouthed to her when she looked his way which he got a response with a smile.

Eily, as she’s trailing the aisle, she’s fancying what her wedding would be like. “It’s every girl’s dream.” She said in mind dreamily.

Then it’s almost close to the end of the procession, the maid of honor, Rees shone as she carefully walked on her court shoes. She seldom wore those kinds of high heels and it added to the pain that it was a gift from her ex-beau.

While on the other hand, Andrew was so stunned and captivated by her allure. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her, likewise Trevor, his sight never leave her.

“Oh, my lovely sister...” Casey crossed his arms and admiringly looked at her.

“Indeed, I couldn’t agree more.” Andrew uttered.

Then, finally, the moment has come. The bridal chorus started to play in the background indicating it’s the bride’s time to rule the aisle. Clad in an off-white sweetheart A-line dupioni gown with a court length train and elaborately sequenced with shadow crystals Swarovski tracing the heart neckline and on both sides near the hips area plus a veil that was being swayed by the wind from time to time, Roxane shone so beautiful. The people stood up, all eyes on her. She stopped halfway to meet her parents and walked together to give her hand to her chosen man to be with for the rest of her life. Casey got teary-eyed as his bride nearing him.

......

As the ceremony went on, Rees mind was invaded by the random thoughts, those same thoughts again. Peeking secretly at her shoes and would just sigh helplessly and would be awkward when she tilted her head to the side and then at the back, only to see Andrew and Trevor.

Lia and Eily mind’s too, were drifting somewhere else, not paying attention to the priest.

......

Jerome, rather than not doing anything, decided to pack his luggage, as his vacation was almost over. He already spoke about this with Trevor last time when he visited him on his office.

“If it’s not for my master’s I won’t be leaving.” he sighed.  “But just a year to go then I’ll be back again. Time passes quickly without noticing anyway.” He then saw his pink shirt, the thought of the bumping incident suddenly came to him. He shook his head and smiled. “My childishness comes out every time we meet. I won’t be seeing you again. Would I in the future?” then he put it inside the suitcase.