Chapter 8: Hidden Agenda

Eily found Jerome in the lounge. He just sat there, staring into space with his arms crossed. "Wow, he really did stay here that long?" she shrugged and sighed. "How precious that shirt is to him!?" she snorted. She marched toward him. At first, he didn't notice her coming until she was standing right in front of him.

"Oh hey! You came!" he smiled foolishly when he saw her. "I thought you won't show up."

"Why did you think so? I told you, right?" Eily grimaced.

"Uhm, like I was thinking of you wanting to get even with me?" he looked seriously at her. "I changed my mind. I'm retracting what I said. No need to replace this shirt. I found this jacket in my cousin's office. You see, it covered the stain."

"If that's so, can I go now?" she asked coldly.

He nodded. "Sorry for my behavior." he sincerely said.

She was confounded hearing him say sorry. "Am I dreaming? You’re saying sorry?" she blurted, unbelievingly.

"You seem used to with our constant tiffs. Expect that if we happen to meet again." he said with lip curled.

"What? I thought you’re in your good side now." she smirked and shook her head. "So, I have to go now. I’m a bit worn-out." 

......

"I’m sorry Andrew for taking so long. You should have left me." Rees panted.

"I’m just reminding you on what I said last night. You already forgot it?"

"You mean about driving me home? You’re serious huh? What if I got accustomed to it?" she joked.

He beamed beatifically. "Then let it be. What's the problem there?"

"Why you’re doing this to me? Are you really like that? The girl you will love for sure is lucky."

"Then consider yourself lucky." he murmured.

"Hmm? What? I didn’t catch that?"

"Hmm? Did I mention something?"

"Yes, but it’s unclear." then she was quieted when she viewed at the side mirror that Trevor just came out of the building. She observed him in a short while then shifted her eyes back to Andrew. "By the way, did Mr. Park ask Eily to do something? She didn't elaborate it well. And do you think she's really fine? I wasn’t able to talk to her, she was in a hurry."

"I’m not sure either. Maybe like you last night, she's making up for her absence I guess? And I see she’s hale now."

"You really think so?"

He nodded. "Uhm Rees..."

"Mmm?"

"Can I ask you a favor?"

"Favor? Sure but as long as I can do it. What is it about?"

"I wanna take my bud on a blind date so ---"

"Blind date? You’re planning ... Hey, hey, wait, are you trying to ask me to date him?"

"No, no! Not you! Of course not you!" he jerked out. At the back of his mind, "Of course not, why would I let him!"

Rees exhaled audibly. "So what do you want me to do?"

"Convince Eily." while his eyes on the road.