Chapter 33: Open Up

Chapter 33: Open Up

Rees hadn't gotten enough sleep due to the thoughts that have been crowding in her head overnight and what's causing her head to ache more was that she knew anytime soon Trevor will come and will ask again about her decision. She stumbled after she had place a plastic bag that was full of variety of fruits on his desk. She almost tipped on her foot when the door sprung open. He has arrived.

"Good morning, sir!" her quick greeting.

"Good morning to you too, Miss Rees. How was your vacation?"

"It was really good, sir." she simpered. "By the way, I brought you some fruits again..." pointing at the thing on his desk.

"Oh, thank you! You're so thoughtful."

"You're welcome, sir." she was expecting he would bring the question out but he hasn't yet.

"You may now go to your desk. I won't ask about your decision like I did previously because I'm aware it has put pressure on you too much so I have to slow down and be considerate to you. My apologies for being a bothersome to you, maybe when I feel you're ready and at ease. Besides, I have this aching head my cousin has caused me."

"Oh? Are you sick, sir?"

"Ah, no. It's just a hangover."

"Ah, I'll get you something that will help lessen the heaviness you're feeling." then she scuttled to exit the room.

She returned with a tray and on it, a cup and a teapot. "It will help." Once she placed the tray on the table, she poured the cup with tea which its redolence instantaneously circulated around his office.

"Okay, even though I don't like tea, I will drink it."

Her gaze darted at him as she paused and wordless for a minute. "Yeah sir, you have to. For your hangover to subside..."

......

"You seemed had a good sleep while Rees didn't have one." Eily revealed. They've just went out the pantry and got themselves some instant noodles.

Andrew's brows creased as he put the cup on the table.

"She's not mentioning anything concerning her decision yet. I wasn't able to talk to her 'cos I was already asleep when she came. Though I bet she still couldn't make up her mind. She's might been confused."

"I wonder what's she's being confused about. She seemed alright last night."

She shot a surprised look at him. "You were together last night?"

"Yes." he smiled sheepishly. "I fetched her at the terminal."

"Well, what can I say?" she fizzled. "Anyway, maybe she had realized something when she was on vacation. That might be what's hampering her and I want to know that."

"But then, what's made her consider the offer?"

"Trevor. Because she sees Hero in him and she absolutely was shaken up by the revelation of them being stepbrothers." she shook his head. "I bet you noticed what I see every time they're together."

"What did you just said?" he was appalled.

"Oh! My bad! I thought she's already told you about it since you were often together." her fist flew over her mouth as if to hide from what she just blurted.

He's incoherent with apprehension.

"I'm sorry, Andrew." her face contorted from guiltiness.

"Don't say sorry, Eily. I understand her." yet he already appeared to be disoriented.