Chapter 2: Strike Up

"I'm home!" Eily shouted as she got inside their apartment, but she didn't see Rees there. "Where the hell does that girl have gone?" she wondered. "Oh, she might be extending her time. Aww... My poor friend." she sighed. "Huh!? If she's not here yet then she forgot to lock the gate?! Aish! That stupid girl!" she just shook her head. "Anyway, better if this time I'll be the one to prepare foods for her." She opened the fridge to see what she can cook but only to find bottles of water and some fruits. "Ugh! I need to go to the grocery first before she could get here." She was about to go out the door when she heard some noises upstairs, but not in their room, it must be at the attic. She went up to check it. She grabbed a bat and alerted herself as she's thinking that somebody might has sneaked in since Rees forgot to lock the gate. It seemed she's trembling when she saw a shadow as she peeked in the door. When the shadow got nearer she swayed the bat and hit him straight at the left arm.

"Arghhh!" she heard the intruder squeaked in pain.

"OMG! Oh..." she became immobile for seconds. "I thought... I... Oh sis I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you. I panicked! I thought you were a thief." she explained with guilt.

"Thief?!" that was the only word Rees has uttered. Her arm was really painful. She was almost crying.

"I'm really sorry..." Eily bit her lips then bowed. She couldn't look at her. "I thought you've forgotten to lock the gate that's why I thought of our place has been trespassed by bad people." she continued.

"Excuse me? I'm not that stupid or forgetful yet!" this time she yelled.

"Sorry..." she said again, embarrassed.

"Accepted. But it really hurts huh!" she whimpered.

"By the way, what the hell are you doing here?" Eily asked.

"Oh, I'm looking for my I.D., remember my most used I.D.?"

"You've lost your I.D.?! What made you think that you may find it here? You think it walked over here?" she sneered.

"I can't find it..."

"But you just used it when we were in the SSMA building yesterday, right? I even saw it last night when we got home."

Rees pursed her lips.

"This is the first time you lost a thing huh?"

"So I have no choice but to just report for a new one if I have time."

"Have time? What do you mean?" Eily asked.

"Oh yes! I already have a job!" she blurted in joy despite the pain of her left arm.

"Whoa! That's indeed a good news Rees! Congratulations!" she hugged her.

"Aw! My ... arm!" Rees flinched.

"Oh, I’m really sorry..." she shyly said. "Since you finally found a job and me too, let's eat outside. I’ll be the one to pay. And that's also for the hit."

"Oh, but no ---"

"No more buts, I insist." she demanded.

......

After they alighted from the bus, they went ahead to the esquinita nearby where famous delicious street foods can be seen.

"Whoa! There are so many people here. I see no more vacant table for us." Eily complained.

While Rees craved for what the guy was eating near them. "I want that sis." she tugged the edge of Eily's sleeve as her other hand was pointing at what the man was eating.