Chapter 31: Lucid Dream

"Should I accept it?"

There's a momentary defeaning silence as if not one a nerve dared to pulse. When Casey has already absorbed her trouble in making a decision, he shook his head expressing he's not agreeing. "No."

"Bro? Why no?" ready to hear his opinion.

"You have a good life here, baby girl. It's not easy being away with you, how much more when you're in the U.S.? Are you trying to kill us?" he exaggeratedly explained as his hand swayed in the air.

"Darling, calm down." Roxane tapped him in the shoulder.

Gabby cleared his throat then joined in. "Casey, your sister is old enough. She can do whatever she wants to. Nonetheless, we're just here whenever she needs help."

While their mom was quiet all the while.

"But if you're going to accept it, what made you think? What urges you?" Casey asked.

"At first, I wasn't sure, but something tugged me within when you mentioned Hero's mother last night... I should see her, right?" she then glumly looked on her fingers on her lap.

All eyes were now directed at him.

"But you don't need to work there just to see her, you can do that by just visiting her." he argued.

"Yeah... I know that..." her voice softened. "I know you're thinking I'm going crazy."

"If it will make you happy, then go. Maybe it will help you." their mother finally spoke. "We love you, baby..."

Casey heaved a sigh. He was only reacting like that for their mom. "Fine! Fine! What can I do when our majesties have approved." he babbled. "But!" he then crossed his arms over his chest. "You have to promise us this one thing."

Rees gazed at him closely.

"Don't make us worry too much."

She pouted. "Of course my bro, I won't." then the corners of her lips pulled up.

......

Both Lia and Dennis woke up with a smile on their faces. Having talked to each other even if it's just a simple one indeed helped their bad and sleepless nights somehow go away. The lively Dennis is back and Lia isn't too freakish which Eily didn't fail to notice.

"Thank you Lord for the good wind!" she yelled, her hands raised in the air.

Lia remained muted and calm while she reached for a bread across her.

Eily couldn't comment no more so she queried about Rees. "Maybe Rees is enjoying at the moment. Do you think her parents will permit her to go?"

She sighed. "They won't beg her to stay. If she's determined to leave girl, they will not stand in her way. But inevitably she'll be back again."

Her eyes blinked several times. "You're ridiculing me! That's a song." then she sang few of its line including the chorus, "Cause ya know in your heart babe / Our love will never end no / You'll always be a part of me / I'm part of you indefinitely / Girl don't you know you can't escape me / Ooh darling cause you'll always be my baby"

Lia just grinned at her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

......

Rees and Roxane were left in the house. Casey told his wife to accompany his sister while they were doing the daily inspection in the farm.

"Rees, pardon me for interfering but are you really that decided? Is that final? I saw how your brother was deeply affected by that."