Chapter 17

-Sammy POV-

As I waited in my classroom for the next bunch of students to come in, my mind wandered off to Kendall. I didn't know if she was still pissed about my mother and the whole family secret.

Her words: "I would have stayed away from the start." kept relaying in my head as I stared at the floor. They cut into me.

At first when she stormed out, I figured that maybe its for the best if I stay away from her and keep my distance. Just be her teacher not her boyfriend.

But a while after I missed her. I missed her crazy talks. I missed her company. And I definitely missed her kisses and the way she touches me. The way she bites her lip when shes nervous.

That's when I realized how badly I need Kendall in my life. It wasn't just a fling but a real relationship. She means more to me than some stupid misunderstanding and I want to show her that.

The next class was hers. I was so nervous as to how she was feeling. I wanted to text her and ask if she's okay but something told me she wouldn't even reply.

The first lot of students poured in as the bell rang for third period. I shook my head to get out of my daze but her face still stayed in my mind...like always.

Kendall walked in arm in arm with her friend Madison. They were laughing at something, Kendall's laugh always made me smile. Contagious. She glanced at me briefly as they walked past the front desk. Our eyes made a quick contact and all I saw was hurt. I hurt her and that wasn't my intention.

Then Kendall focused back on what her friends were saying. But her face didn't seem happy and I wanted nothing more than to grab her and kiss her.

I focused on something else as the rest of the students turned up. It takes a while but I didn't mind, I wasn't a crazy teacher and since I'm young, I know what its like being a teen.

"You feeling better since last night?" I heard Jack Gilinsky's voice.

"Yeah thanks for that Jack." I heard Kendall say with a chuckle.

I didn't want to look at them but in my brief jealousy, I looked and my fist clenched immediately. The little fucker has his arm around Kendall and she was smiling.

"It was great last night." She added. My heart sank lower...they probably has sex right after I made her feel shitty. They had history and she probably still loves him.

"Fuck." I exhaled and turned around. I had to calm down before class.

I wanted to hate him and her. But I couldn't because its my fault. I shouldn't have taken Kendall for granted knowing how all the high school guys were after her. I should have made things right last night.

She would have been fucking me. Not this kid.

"Alright class! Sit down." I turned around finally calmed down. I didn't dare look at Kendall or Jack or I might just snap.

"I hope you're all caught up! Today we'll be discussing our novel." I said leaning against the desk and rolling up my shirt sleeves. I felt Kendall look right at me but tried to focus.

"First topic! True love?" I read off a sheet I was assigned to discuss with the class. A few kids snorted and I noticed Kendall shake her head out of the corner of my eye.

"Okay so we all know Hazel and Gus fall in love after meeting at the cancer group." I said watched their reactions. "But do we think its true love or just a need because they're both inevitably dying?"

A few girls gave me death glares.

"I mean." I shrugged. "Is true love read or were they just in love with being in love?"