Chapter 26

-Kendall POV-

*2 weeks later*

"I hate washing cars!" I groaned as Tas and I hauled buckets and sponges from the janitors closet the next Saturday morning at school.

"Thank your boyfriend for this." Tas rolled her eyes.

"Oh I'll thank him alright." I smirked and wiggled my brows. "If you know what I mean."

"Ewwww shut up." Tas hit my butt with the bucket. "I will unfriend you if you ever say that again!"

I giggled. "Can't help myself sister."

We were back outside again and spotted Marlena, Kimberly and Madison directing our first car into the parking lot. Jack and Jack were unrolling a hosepipe for us.

"Its really hot today." Marlena groaned and splashed her face with water. The first car, to my surprise was Mrs Gilinsky. Great.

"You girls start." Sammy said behind me. "I would like Kendall to hand me the money earned at the end of the day."

The girls all had smirks on their faces which made me kinda blush.

I nodded. "Yes Mr Wilkinson."

"Oh and Kendall may I have a word with you? It's about this whole uhm....fund raiser." Sammy smiled.

I nodded and followed him to the side as the girls and Jack and Jack started work on Mrs Gilinsky's car. Madison was sucking up to her which was no surprise.

Sammy stopped and faced me, a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked folding my arms.

"You look super hot in those shorts baby girl." Sammy gave me a once over.

"Oh?" I blushed but kept my arms folded.

"And I would looooove to kiss you right now but - " Sammy groaned and put his hands behind his back.

"We're at school yeah." I grinned. "Guess I'll see you later Mr Wilk."

He smirked. "Guess so."

We walked back to the car where I hope Katherine wouldn't engage in a heart to heart conversation we always had when I was with Jack. Sammy stood close by to keep an eye on whether we were working.

Cameron, Carter and Nash had their own car nearby. Taylor, Matt and Aaron were further down and there were many more in the car park of Westside high.

"Oh Kendall!" I heard Mrs Gilinskys voice behind me as I bent to pick a bucket up. I plastered a smile on my face and slowly turned around.

"Hey Mrs G!" I smiled as she pulled me in for a hug. I could feel Jack watching closely as to what would happen...even Madison had her daggers out.

"You look even more beautiful than before honey!" She held me at arms length.

"So do you Mrs Gilinsky!" I grinned. I should have felt awful but something about this family made me feel complete.

"We never see you ever since you and Jack, well you know, but I wish you would stop by more often! Molly misses you alot! And so does Jack." Katherine added sadly.

I sighed. Just over Katherines shoulder I could see Sammy glancing at us, I wonder what he was thinking.

"Mrs G, I do miss you guys." I said truthfully because I really did. "But I don't think Jack would like if I - "

"Oh! But Jack doesn't shut up about you even now that you're not around!" She looked sadly over at Jack who pretended to be busy.

I didn't say anything.