CHAPTER TEN

"Kevin are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure" he sighed.

"What if he goes all bat crazy on you?"

"Just call him already"

"Fine" I took out the card and dialed him "Um Kevin's dad?"

"Speaking"

"I just saw Kevin, he's headed home"

"Thank you for letting me know"

"No problem" I hung up.

"If anything goes wrong call me or the police"

"I'll be fine" he said for the hundredth time.

"Okay" I hugged him and watched him walk down the road.

The whole way home all I could think about was going back and checking if he was okay. When I finally arrived home I made food but I couldn't get myself to eat, I just kept on remembering what Emmet had said to me and it hurt like hell.

Nothing had gone right today: news had spread that Emmet had dumped Mandy who confirmed it when she threatened me by saying I'd pay for it. Bella was now dating Brian; I highly doubted that she knew that he was busy with Mandy. I failed math.

I took the money in the jar and went out to buy some fruits incase Kevin came over.

"Mom?"

"Yes honey what's wrong?"

"I'm going out to buy some fruits is that okay?"

"It's okay"

"Okay bye"

"Bye" she hung up.

To my utter surprise I found that the line at the market was long as hell so I had enough time to use their Wi-Fi. Suckers.

First thing I searched was anorexia, for some reason I looked around to check if anyone was looking at me when I was sure nobody was looking I searched for symptoms, causes and how to deal with a loved one who has it.

There was a lot of information about it, in fact I found myself nibbling on grapes as I waited in line. By 18:32 I was out and headed home. The thing I had forgotten about going to that supermarket was the creepy neighborhood I had to pass to get home. The rules were simple keep your head down and answer whatever they ask you.

Not even two minutes after I entered the neighborhood I could hear footsteps behind me and I tried to remain calm walking quickly to reach the street light. Before I could heave a sigh of relief when I got to the light someone pulled me by my hoodie, chocking me which caused me to drop the plastic that had the fruits. As soon as the person let go, I turned around and threw my fist. There wasn't much light but I could see that it was a boy wearing all black and a balaclava.

I calculated my chances of surviving if I ran and they were painfully slim so I had to stand and fight. The boy charged at me and a fist collided with my stomach knocking the breath right out of me then another came and another and another. I was surprised to the point where I just couldn't fight back.

"Hey?" I heard someone yell and the boy stopped beating me and ran to a black car nearby and just as I hit the ground I saw someone's hand, it was a girls, it had bracelet I recognized.

"Hey are you okay?" someone asked and I had to blink a few times to see who it was.

"I'm taking you to the hospital"

"No" I groaned "I'm fine" I said trying to get up and he helped me up "Damian right?"

"Yes" he said walking me to his car