CHAPTER26

Yet another letter, another death threat.

I honestly don't understand what people have against me, I didn't force Emmet to be with me it was his choice. I hadn't told him about the letters I'd been getting or about the headless doll soaked In tomato sauce, I hadn't told my parents either, not even Kevin but I was starting to get scared.

My phone rang suddenly.

"Hello?"

"Skylar, it's me"

"Oh"

"Can you please meet up with me?"

"Is this another one of your tricks Bella?, because I'm not up for it"

"It's not a trick I swear" she sounded like she had been crying.

"Fine where do you want to meet?"

"At the park"

"Okay I'll see you in ten"

I wondered why she hadn't called me to meet at her house or something, if this was one of Mandy's tricks, someone would get hurt badly today and it wouldn't be me.

I found her sitting on a bench.

"Hi"

"Hi, thanks for coming" she quickly wiped some tears on her face.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I need your help"

"Really?" I laughed humorlessly

"Please Skylar you are the only one I can turn to"

"What about your best friend Mandy?"

"Skylar please"

"You left Bella, I never did anything wrong to you, you left me and now you want my help?"

"I just wanted people to like me and stop teasing me" she explained.

"I liked you but that didn't matter did it?" I was really mad at her.

"I'm sorry" she said and I looked away, my phone vibrated in my pocket and I knew it was Emmet but I ignored it because I didn't want to come across as rude though I had every right.

"Please help me" she begged.

I sighed "What's the problem?"

"I'm...I'm..." she cried then she shook her head "I'm pregnant" she cried and I hugged her, I was shocked but the way she had been acting lately it shouldn't have come as a shock but she was a smart girl, I never thought she would make that mistake. "I don't know what to do"

"We'll figure something out" I whispered. I didn't know what the hell I was gonna do, this seemed way beyond me.

She didn't want to face her mom yet so I opted to taking her to my house, I wasn't gonna tell my mom either at least not at that moment.

My phone rang for the hundredth time.

"Hey" I said in a low voice.

"Babe, I've been trying to get a hold of you" I don't know what It is about Emmet when he says babe but whatever it is I love it.

"I'm sorry, I'm with Bella"

"You said what now?" I didn't answer "I wanted to see you" he said.

"But you saw me in the morning" I smiled.

"I know but I want to see you again"

"You miss me already?" I joked.

"You don't understand do you? I want to see you like all the time and love you up close" I laughed at that.