Chapter 38 p4

Okay so writing these last chapters is making me sad like I honestly want to just give up on life and cry but I can't because I need to finish this story.

I can't believe I still believe in love after this.

Do you believe in love? Not just love, love but a consuming love that makes you feel like you will die without it?

Well I'm a hopeless romantic.

Please don't forget to vote and comment ;)

***************************

I woke up to somebody coughing, I checked the time it was two am. I got up and went to knock on the bathroom door.

"I'm fine" it was Emmet and he sounded like he was struggling to breathe.

"Let me in"

"No. go away, I'll be right out" he coughed again "I'm fine"

"Emmet please" I was starting to cry and the bolt slided to the side and he just about collapsed there were splatters of blood on the wall, the floor and he looked so pale. He couldn't breathe properly. I dashed outside to the car to get his oxygen tank and came back.

He seemed to get better when his noose was on. I wiped him clean and helped him into his pyjamas then put him to bed then got to cleaning the bathroom trying very hard not to start crying. In my paranoia, I went to check on Bella and heaved a sigh of relief when I found that she was alive and well.

I went back to check on Emmet and he was fast asleep. My phone's screen had lit up so I took it and found out it was a missed call from my dad.

I went to the kitchen and called him back.

"Hey, how are things over there? Let me speak to Emmet"

"It's just me and Bella" I lied feebly.

"Skylar I am not an idiot, I spoke to his dad, I know he's with you put him on the phone"

"I can't" my voice cracked a little "He's asleep"

"What's going on Skylar?"

"I'm scared dad. I'm so scared" so I told him everything and he sighed loudly.

"Skylar I need you to listen to me, get him back right now"

"I can't he's sleeping and I don't know where we are" I cried.

"Get me the details right now and I want you to take off first thing in the morning I'll meet you halfway with the ambulance"

"Daddy what's going on?" my hands shook.

"Everything is gonna be okay honey just do as I say okay?"

"Okay" I hung up and went to Bella's room to wake her.

"Something is wrong with Emmet, I need you to text my dad or location, we are leaving tomorrow morning"

"What's wrong?"

"Everything is gonna be fine, get some sleep"

"Alright" she seemed confused.

"Just don't forget to text my dad" I left and got into bed next to Emmet.

"Hey" he mumbled sleepily.

"Hey" I said.

"I'm sorry" he said and took a deep breath.

"It's okay, it's not your fault"

"I really just love you so much, even my useless lungs can't handle it"

"I love you too" I lay my head on his chest.

"I want to play you something" he sat up and took out his violin from under the bed.

He played and played while I cried.

"It was so beautiful" I said.

"Nothing will ever measure up to your beauty and I mean that"

"We have to leave in the morning" I told him sadly.

"Babe, it's already morning"

"You know what I mean"

"Yeah" he sighed "I heard your speaking to your dad"

"Emmet we have to"

"I know" he said putting his phone on the iPod dock.

"What are you doing?" I asked and our song came on Fallingforyou by The 1975.

"May I have this dance?" he smiled.

"Yes" I giggled in spite of myself and took his hand. We danced for a little while and he was running out of breath so we just laid down on the bed and talked until seven am then we took off.

I kept talking to my dad while Emmet dozed off on my lap and two hours later we met with my dad, he had come with the ambulance.

"I am not that sick" Emmet said stubbornly "I want to go with Skylar" he insisted but the paramedics refused so he tried to get off but he started coughing out blood and they made him sit down on the stretcher.

"It's okay Emmet, I'll be right behind you" I took his hand.

"I love you" he said "don't ever forget that"

"I won't ever forget, I love you too"

"You promised"

"I know" I said and then they closed the doors.

"Dad, he's gonna be okay right?"

"We'll do everything we can honey just go home, I'll tell you if anything happens"

"I can't just go home"

"There's nothing you can do for him right now, I'll call you if there's anything you need to know"

"You promise?"

"I promise" he got in the back and they closed the doors again

"Ahh let go" I could hear Emmet struggling.

And the ambulance took off at full speed.