Chapter 28

OKAY SO GUYS THE TITLE OF THIS STORY IS REALLY BOTHERING ME, I CAME UP WITH IT AS A KID AND NOW IT SOUNDSSO BAD IT HAUNTS ME IN MY DREAMS, I NEED YOU GUYS HELP ME COME UP WITH A NEW ONE PLEASE. OH AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A COVER OR KNOW ANYONE WHO CAN? THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

It was just a few days before the schools would be closed and my life was a raging mess, me and Emmet were barely talking, my phone got messages nonstop, my email was going crazy, everything was just bad.

Going to school hurt, literally, people had written all sorts of things on my desk so I was glad that I only had three days to bare then I would hide at home in room.

"Honey how are things going with Emmet?" my dad asked.

"We don't talk anymore, I think maybe we are broken up"

"I knew it, I always knew that boy didn't love you. It was quite obvious" my mom said.

"Thanks mom that's really supportive"

"No really Skylar you are not his type, you should have gone for somebody more conservative"

"Meaning?" I was angry now and she shrugged, my dad got up and left and so did Kevin.

Going to school I was already in a bad mood and the last thing I needed was Mandy spilling my food . I couldn't hit her anymore, I'd been given a warning by the school and my mom who had been clear that if I did it again she was going to let me go to jail if Mandy pressed charges.

At least my soldier girls were still with me, they were all fired up to bring Mandy down, my flame had died a long time ago.

"Guys I think we got something" pixie said with a smile "Skylar remember the other day when we came by your house to bring your bag?"

"Yes" I nodded.

"Well while we were in the car Melissa was taking a video of me, you know in an adventure, then we saw somebody go into your house and well we filmed it"

"Was it my parents?" I asked not sure what they were getting at

"No, this person was wearing black from head to toe, we couldn't see the face but we got the car and plates but we couldn't find the car anywhere in the school grounds"

"Thanks for looking out for me you guys" omg it could just be the person sending me death threats.

Afterschool I went to Emmet's house.

His father opened the door for me, he was with a lady I could not recognize, it was just strange for him to be at home at this time.

"Um is Emmet around?" I asked though I didn't have to, I could hear him playing from here, the notes had a peculiar air that held so much hostility.

"He's in his room" he sighed.

I slowly made my way upstairs with my heart pounding, I didn't know how he would react to me being here, I hadn't seen him in school in days and we weren't really talking so I was on a verge of a heart attack when I reached his door, it was slightly ajar so I just pushed it gently.

Then I saw him he was half seated on his chair, his hair in a messy bun, his eyes were closed, his eyebrows knitted together as if he was concentrating on something.

"Emmet" my voice was too low for him to hear.

"Emmet!" I repeated a lot higher and his eyes flew open which literally startled me, he looked angry.

"Skylar?" he put the violin on the floor and his features softened.

"I'm sorry to just barge in like this, I didn't mean to disturb you" I could see him approaching and I got even more nervous with each step "I just came to check if you are okay, I mean I know you are probably angry at me but you are leaving in a few days and I thought maybe we could..." his lips were on mine before I could even finish, his arms pulled me close and I felt at home, all the worry and stress I had vanished.

"I'm not angry" he pulled away and walked to the bathroom.

He says he's not angry but why is he leaving me here by myself?

"I'm taking a bath, care to join me?" He asked standing by the door.

"Um I don't think that's a good idea, I..."

"I won't look" he cut me short pulling me by my hand.

Surprisingly I didn't even argue, I had missed him so much.

He left the room and I stripped off quickly and slipped into the warm water. I was blowing on the bubbles when he came in.

"I missed you" he said pulling his shirt over his head and I shut my eyes.

"I missed you too" I muttered and kept my eyes closed until I felt him in the water.

For some reason I felt oddly calm and he kept his distance, I opened my eyes and found him staring at me.

"You are beautiful you know that?"

"No" I looked away feeling flustered.

"I'll show you" he mused and my heart skipped a beat.

"I thought you didn't want me anymore" I said looking down, pulling my knees closer to my chest.

"I will always want you" he moved closer so my knees were in-between his, then he took my hands "You just get so angry"

"I'm sorry"

"You push me out" he sighed.

"I..."

"I know" he kissed my hands.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing" he smiled.

"The way you were playing I thought you were going to kill someone" a small smile tugged on his lips and he looked away.

"I just had a small argument with my dad"

"Small"

"Not small" he shook his head.

"What were you guys fighting about?"

"His new girlfriend" oh so that explains the strange lady.

"You don't like her?"

"I don't know her"

"Do you want to know her?"

"She's not my mother" he gritted out. I nodded in understanding.

"I get it"

"I don't want to talk about it" he lay his head on his arm that was balanced on his knees.

"Then we won't" I kissed his forehead.

"Emmet!" Emmet's father shouted from the other room. My arms circled around me even though there were bubbles literally covering me.

"I'm bathing" he shouted back.

"I want to speak to Skylar"

"She's bathing with me" he said angrily.

"Well when she's done..."

"No" Emmet growled startling me.

"Emmet it's okay" I took his hands into mine "I'll come Mr. Cole" I shouted.

"Thank you" he said and then there was silence.

"No you won't"

"Emmet..."

"No" he clenched his teeth.

"Okay" I reached up and kissed his forehead "Can we bath now?" I changed the subject.

"I can scrub your back" he suggested his features relaxing.

"Don't be too hard" I turned around and he scrubbed my back gently but stopped quickly.

"Turn around" he said.

"You are done already?"

"No, I want to see your face" with my face flaming I turned back to him oh and the way he looked at me, I wanted to just melt, would he let me?