CHAPTER21

"Kevin?" I whispered.

"Ha?" he got up rubbing his eyes.

Him and Dylan were sprawled across the floor, they must have fallen asleep since the game was still on and they still had the controls clutched to their chests.

"Never mind" I said feeling guilty for disturbing him.

I got into my room and settled on the bed.

"What's up?" Kevin said from my door.

"Kevin, I'm sorry, go back to sleep"

"What did you need?" he tried to tame his hair that was sticking up everywhere

"It's nothing I was just checking if you are okay and I was gonna tell you that I'm going to Emmet's house"

"This early?"

"Yeah, he asked me to come"

"Skylar be careful, Emmet is..."

"Don't say anything please, I just want to be happy for once"

"And I want that too but I also don't want you to get your heart broken" he left.

I took out the black yoga pants my mom had bought for me to celebrate healthy living, then I paired them with a black vest and a black hoodie.

"Mom?" she was asleep.

"What?" she murmured.

"I'm going out"

"What!" she got up quickly then eyed me up and down then her features relaxed "Don't exercise too hard, it's not good for you" she said and went back to sleeping.

I picked up my blue sneakers by the door and headed to the bus station.

Skylar

*I'm on my way* 09:23

Emmet

*Great, I'm waiting for you, the door is open let yourself in*09:24

So I did let myself in and I looked around not seeing anyone then I spotted him at the top of the stairs, he wasn't moving or anything, he had earphones on and he was staring at me and biting his lip.

Don't you dare fall. I mentally scolded myself as I melted under his heated gaze.

I safely made my way to where he was and wondered what he had been listening to when he wrapped the earphones around his phone that had a distractingly shattered screen.

"Hello" he said.

"Hi" I responded shyly.

"Sorry I called you in so early"

"It's no problem, I couldn't sleep anyway" it was the truth, after the song he sent me I tossed and I turned until the break of dawn.

"You look tired maybe you should get some sleep" he said the back of his hand caressing my cheek, I shuddered as he pulled me by the wrist and led me to his bedroom.

It was dark and I got scared.

"What's going on?" I asked as he led me to the bed. My heart was pounding. I'm just not ready.

"We are watching Shrek"

"What?"

"Shrek the ogre, you don't know Shrek?"

"I know Shrek, I just, I thought..."

"Oh, oh no, I'm sorry this must have come across wrong, you thought I was gonna fuck you or something?"