Chapter 31

When I got home the house was empty and depressing so I just went out to get a milkshake because when all fails, just milkshake your life away.

I sipped my milkshake slowly concentrating on the taste so I wouldn't think about anything else. I failed often.

"Skylar?"

I looked up to find Dylan looking all red in the face.

"Go away Dylan your skills are not needed right now" I waved him off.

"Glad to see you are still yourself" he smiled a little.

"What do you want?" I said slowly as if I was drunk.

"He's sorry"

"No!" It came out a bit harsher than I had intended.

"Yes"

"Leave!" I shouted.

"Okay" he got up.

"Dylan I'm sorry" I said quickly. It was not his fault that my relationship with Emmet had ended.

"It's okay, I know when I've pushed too far. I'll probably be back later"

"Really?" I sounded like a kid who had been promised candy if she behaved.

"You know me Skylar, I always come back" he left.

I ordered another milkshake and tried to make something artsy with the tissue thingy.

I felt someone sit down across me and my heart started beating fast.

"What do you want now Emmet?"

"I am so sorry Skylar I didn't mean it" he smelled so good, I found myself tempted sniff him.

"And?" I said not looking up.

"I showered" I looked up and regretted it instantly, he looked as good as ever, no aviators. Damn.

"I got the message just fine smelly Emmet" I got up and left.

"Skylar please hear me out"

"No" I shouted and he pulled me away quickly "See what you've done, now I almost got hit by a car" I screeched.

"I'm sorry"

"No you are not, you meant every word you said" I continued to shout.

"You are right..." he sighed and that kind of knocked my breath away for a few seconds and lucky me a taxi stopped in front of me a women getting out and I got in and closed the door willing the driver to drive away quickly.

I got home seething I didn't even acknowledge Kevin and Happy.

From my room I could hear the screeching tires of Emmet's car outside. I waited ready to pounce, I hid behind the door and when he walked in I shut the door and pounced on his back pulling at his hair and trying to gouge out his eyes.

Until he just pried me off me and I fell on the bed kicking and screaming then the door flew open.

"What the hell is going on here?" Kevin asked with Happy standing behind him with wide eyes.

"Everything is fine" I gritted out "Peachy, would you leave us alone for a minute?"

Kevin nodded not seeming to want to leave but he closed the door and we heard their steps retreating. Just then I pounced at him again circling my legs around his waist tightly, his hands instinctively went around my waist to support me but wasn't having it, I tried to pry his hands away but he was too strong so I settled for banging on his chest and shoulders screaming "I hate you" yes, my conscience said, keep hitting the rock.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm trying to kill you" I pulled his nose and he freed his one hand and swatted my hand away.

"Really?" he asked breathlessly.

"Yes" I breathed and went back to banging on his shoulders, I didn't even feel him walk toward my bed I just felt him unclasping my legs and I fell like a bag of potatoes on the bed.

"Fine" he smirked climbing on the bed

"Get away from me" I tried to get away but he grabbed my legs and pulled and I found myself under him. Banging and trying to kick my way out but he grabbed my hands and pinned them to my sides and he leaned in for a kiss, I turned away sharply. Big mistake. He went for my neck, he knew that was my weak spot, he released my hands and went on to explore under my t-shirt.

"No" I whined meekly pulling him closer.

"You want me to stop" he balanced himself in a pushup position looking at me, his hair was a mess and his eyes... oh lord his eyes, he had that look, that look that drove me crazy.

"If you stop I'll hate you then kill you, I'll hate kill you" I said breathlessly and he smirked and went back to driving me crazy.