CHAPTER9

After a long day of scrubbing the floors and looking ugly, what does a girl need?

A movie. now I would go out but I have no friend anymore.

Mom had the whole week off to console me but she was now back to work. I giggled like an idiot as The Avengers started.

My life is pathetic. I heard a light but urgent knock on the door and rushed to it not sure who to expect.

What I found was nothing I had in mind.

"Kevin what the hell?"

"Can I come in?" he said weakly.

"Sure" I helped him inside and locked the door behind me.

As much as I wanted to know what happened I knew this wasn't the right time to ask. I went to the fridge to grab some frozen veggies and handed them to him, I took a clean dishcloth and a bowl filling it with warm water.

A few minutes later there Was a violent knock on the door.

"Kevin I know you are in there" a man screamed from the other side of the door, banging it so hard I thought it would break.

My own heart pounding I looked at Kevin and saw the terrified look on his face.

"Get down"I whispered helping him sit down on the floor behind the counter and grabbed the yogurt that was on the counter.

"Gee chill mom" I opened the door and acted surprised. "okay you are not my mom" I stuck my tongue inside the yogurt carton.

"Where is Kevin, I know he's here" kevins father shouted looking around.

"Excuse me what? Your accent is whoa, I can't hear what you are saying"

"Where is Kevin?"

"Um no offence but it's Saturday and I'm not really a social person as you can see" I pointed at myself.

"You seen him or not?"

"Not" I swallowed hard.

He looked around a bit more than his eyes landed on me, pure anger crowding them.

"If you see him call me" he gave me a card.

"Okay" I took it "did you check Emmett's house?" I asked innocently. And I saw his eye twitch.

"Have a nice day" I said my voice uncomfortably pitchy.

I watched him walk away then his car disappearing down the street, I closed the door, locked it and slid down my bum letting my heart calm down.

"Skyler?" Kevin called softly.

"Yes?" I got up clearing my throat.

"I'm sorry" he said as I helped him up.

"It's okay Kevin" I assured him "can you get upstairs?" I asked and he nodded.

Taking one step at the time we finally reached my room where he insisted on sitting on the chair.

"Is it possible for me to get enough ice to fill the tub?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I can run to the market and buy it" I told him.

"No"

"It was not a question" I walked out before he could say anything.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Emmet but he didn't answer.

'Kevin is in trouble, call me' I texted and while I was putting on my shoes my phone vibrated on top of the counter.

"Emmett?"

"What's wrong with Kevin ?"

"He's in trouble"

"Like hell he is, you sent his father here"

"Please don't be angry, just come over please" I begged and he hung up.

I took that time to pick up kevins bagpack that was left on the floor.l, took some water and a fruit upstairs with me and I found him asleep on the chair.

"Kevin" I shook him lightly. "get on the bed" I was expecting him to argue with me but instead he let me help him, I flinched everytime he groaned in pain.

I heard a horn blaring outside.

"You called Emmett" he sighed.

"Kevin..." I tried to explain.

"Go" he said closing his eyes.

I ran downstairs and made my way outside not forgetting to lock the door.

"What happened?" Emmet asked.

"Hello to you too"

"Oh" he looked confused "what's wrong with Kevin?"

"I think he's father beat him up, he's hurt really bad"

"Of course he did" Emmett said starting the car, his face showed no emotion at all.

The whole way I tried to start a conversation but he had told me to just shut up because I was disturbing him. Yeah rude would be an understatement.