Chapter 16

Chapter 16.

"Aren't engagement rings supposed to be diamonds?" Daniel asks. He's got ahold of my left hand getting a better look at my new ring.

"She doesn't like diamonds." Josh says. When we both look at him, he's got a cheesy smile on his face and his cheeks are red.

I've never told anybody this, but it's true. I don't like them. I mean, they're not bad, but I'd rather not wear a ring than wear a flashy diamond ring.

"How did you know that?" I ask.

"Just look at your jewelery. It's obvious." He laughs.

"Is that why you picked a pearl?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"You're my Katniss." He says. "Don't you get it?"

"I'm confused." I say. He gives a playful gasp and covers his mouth.

"Peeta gave her a pearl. It's what she turned to whenever she wanted to hold onto what she thought she couldn't." He explains. "I thought you would've caught onto that as soon as you saw the pearl."

"Well, I mean, of course that was the first thing I thought of." I confess. "But I didd't think that was why you picked a pearl instead of a diamond."

"Well, now you know that it was."

Do you ever get in those sort of moods where you just want to sing? Like you want to scream and yell, because you're so happy. So you just want to sing really really loud?

Well, that's the kind of mood I'm in now.

It's hard to go back to what we were doing after that. Instead, I pull him into the kitchen and kiss him. "Carry me downstairs." I tell him.

He shakes his head. "We're not doing anything while those two are in the next room."

"I wasn't planning on it. I was gonna get the movie I got earlier so we could all watch it." I explain to him.

"Oh. Well in that case," He turns around and lets me hop onto his back. He gives me a piggy back ride down the steps and over to the DVD player.

"Wait, what time is it?" I ask him. He looks over to his clock on his bedside table. 

"Almost eleven."

"We should go swimming."

He shakes his head. "It's too cold and I don't want you getting any sicker than you are."

"I have a cold, so what?"

"Pretty sure you don't get stomach aches when you get a cold. And my nose isn't runnuing or anything, so it's not a cold."

"I still don't think you should go swimming."

"You aren't the boss of me." I spit.

"Woah. Okay, I get it. Don't mess with Molly when she wants to go swimming." He laughs. "Fine. Go swimming, but only for a little bit."

"Why don't you swim with me? We can shower together after." I say. He considers this for a moment. "What's the point of having a heated pool if we aren't going to use it in the winter?"

He sighs. "Fine."

"You can pick out my swim suit." This part gets him excited.

He goes into the closet for a minute and then throws a bikini out to me. The top is black with gray sequins, the bottoms are plain black. When he comes out of the closet, he's wearing his swimming trunks that are black, white, and lime green striped. I've already got my bikini bottoms on. I turn away from him and take my top and my bra off. He helps me tie it behind my back and then throws a towel over my shoulder. He turns back around and I jump onto his back again.