Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"I don't figure it will take me that long to pay it off." I tell Jen over the phone. "I can start paying on it as soon as I get it, and I already signed for seven thousand dollars down, which I won't have to give until I pick it up. But I have more photo shoots until then. My paychecks are a couple thousand every other week."

"Mol, stop worrying about it. It was a great idea. He'll love it."

I sigh. "I really hope so."

"So is that all you called to tell me about?" She asks. "I have to hurry and get back to work."

"No. I called to ask if you would be in my wedding."

"Josh said you told him you didn't want brides maids."

"I don't. I decided that I want my closest friends up there. My friend Erin, my friend Cody, and you."

She's quiet for a minute and then she screams. "Oh, Molly! Of course!"

"Good." I laugh. I turn my head to Anne, Cody's mom, and nod my head 'yes.'

She looks relieved. Although I had changed my mind about having a wedding party, she said I couldn't and then forced me to reason with her.

This is the solution we came up with.

After I hang up the phone, Anne asks me if I've gotten my dress fitted yet.

"They called me a couple days ago to tell me that mine was in and I could come in any time I wanted, but I just haven't gotten to it."

"Well, you need to get that done. If it needs any alterations, they need time to do it." She says. I nod my head. "Like, soon, Molly."

"Alright. I'll get it done."

"Okay. Now what do you think for food?"

"I don't know. I don't want to just hand out plates and hope people like what we're serving."

"Do you want a buffet type thing?"

"No. That doesn't seem too classy."

"We can come up with a menu."

"You're going to go over budget." Anne says under her breath.

"We don't have a budget. Josh already said that. Stop it with your stupid budget."

She types on her computer for a minute and then looks up. "Do you have an exact date? You need to have one picked out."

"November. After my birthday."

"That's not exact."

"I don't know the exact date yet!" I yell. "Can you ask me things that I can figure out on my own?"

"When does Josh come home?"

"In about a week." I say quietly.

"Well, how about I come back in about a week?" She says. "I'll figure out some nice venues, some menu ideas, lotsa stuff." She puts her things in her bag and stands up, holding onto my shoulders. "I'm here to help you with all these things. All I'm doing now is making you angry, so I'm going to go home and look these things over. Call Josh, okay? Tell him you miss him, tell him you love him. Take a bath with extra bubbles, paint your finger nails, read a book, I know that calms you down. You need to relax, okay? We don't need you stressed out for this. Makes for a bad wedding day. A stressful wedding day. You don't need that." She gives me a hug and then looks at me. "Okay?"

"Alright." I sigh.

She puts her bag over her shoulder and kisses my cheek. "Call me next week when Josh gets home and I'll come back over."