Chapter 41 (The real Chapter 41)

Chapter 41

I fidget in my seat, bouncing my leg up and down, hardly able to keep even my hands still.

"Are you ready?" My friend asks me.

He's agreed to accompany me to this wedding under the circumstances. Those circumstances being that he's thought Molly was a cutie ever since freshman year when they first met.

Molly and I met a few weeks before the two of them did. We had an introductory woods class together. She was the quiet girl who sat in the back. She was a bit squirrely at times when the class would get rowdy, and she followed the teacher around like a duckling.

Not my type of person to be friends with, but I took a liking to her as soon as I saw her work.

She's focused and particular about what she does. When she sets her mind to something, she does it.

There we a couple guys that took a liking to her also, but not as a friend like I did. As we grew a bit closer, and I got to know her better, I learnt what kind of person she was.

She was sweet. Admirable, no wonder. And she was funny.

As far as I knew, she'd never really gotten involved with anyone. Involved seriously, at least. She'd had a couple boyfriends. She stopped talking to the friend who's with me now a couple months into our senior year. When I asked her why, she said she'd found someone new. Someone who wasn't interested in hooking up after football games and treated her like a person to be with, not a person who expected her to "suck his dick whenever asked and not have to be asked."

I never knew him to be the kind who pushed women around, but I believe Molly over him. He's kind of a jack ass, anyway. But he's my friend.

Without trying to be, she was pretty popular, but she didn't feed off it for the most part. I never saw her at parties or at football games.

We'd lost touch after graduation, but that wasn't the last I'd heard of her.

I'd first figured out after a fight between her and some girl in the hallway. They were friends, so I was curious to know why they were fighting.

That's when I figured out why she had broken up with the friend who accompanies me now.

By the time graduation rolled around, I was friends with a famous person.

She was featured in the media a few times up until then, but a few weeks into summer, I was scrolling through Twitter and I found a picture of her and her boyfriend. From the looks of the picture, it was staged, but she said it wasn't. There's confetti and people around them cheering. The two are kissing and her hand is held up, a ring with a gleam of light reflecting off of a pearl.

I scrolled back up to see who posted the picture. Sure enough, the name "Josh Hutcherson" came up with the caption "Finally able to introduce her as my WIFE TO BE."

I sat and stared at the picture for a little bit.

That tiny girl in the last desk of the row closest to the door. The one who I had to lean towards to hear talk because she was so quiet. The one who hid books under her desk. That same girl is getting married today.

The first one in our graduate class to get married.

"Yeah, lets go." I say and get out of the car.

It's freezing outside, so I hurry in with him at my feet.

Almost as soon as we step inside, he elbows me in the ribs. "What?" I ask.

He points over to the set of doors where we're supposed to go. "That's Cody Mile! What the hell is he doing here!"