Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I pull into Josh's long drive way, drive all the way up to the garage door and park. Courtney turns to me again, her face unreadable. "Come with me," I tell her as I step out of the car and head to the front door. She quickly follows me.

"I thought you were taking me home. Whose house is this? Molly, you better answer me!" She yells from behind as I go up the walkway to the front door. She catches up with me when I stop to unlock it. Pushing the door open, I gesture her in before me. "Whose house is this, Molly? Is this where you've been staying when you make me cover for you? Right down the god damn street!" 

"Yeah, uhh.. Want me to show you around?" I ask in attempt to change the subject.

She stops and glares at me. I keep my expression normal.

"Sure," She answers finally.

I show her the kitchen, the bathroom, the living room and even the bedroom. To my surprise, Josh's bed is neatly made and pillows in place. When we're back in the living room we sit down on the couch and stay quiet. I hand her the remote to the T.V. and walk into the kitchen and come back minutes later with a bowl of popcorn and two cans of Diet Coke. I set the popcorn in between us and hand her a can of soda. She sets it on the coffee table and turns to look at me.

"Okay, bitch. Spill it." She spits.

"What would you like to know?" I ask.

"First of all, where the hell are we?"

"Ahh... My boyfriends' house." I tell her.

"Okay, now who's this 'Boyfriend' you never told me about?" She picks up her pop, opens it, and takes a small sip.

"You'll see when he comes home."

She glares at me and then sighs. "Now about the car. Tell me the truth."

"It was a birthday present."

"From him? Your boyfriend." She asks to make sure.

"Yes. Any other questions?" 

"Is this where you've been staying?"

"When I'm supposed to be at your house? Yes." I tell her.

She gives me an approving nod and we sit on the couch watching television, talking about school and our plans for the rest of the week. Courtney seems to have forgotten all about what I brought her here for until my phone rings. I reach and grab it off the coffee table before she can see who is calling. I quickly answer it.

"Hello?"

"I'm in the driveway.. is it safe to come in?" He asks quietly.

"Uhmm.... I'm gonna have to call you back," I hang up before he can say anything else and turn to Courtney. "There's someone here that I'd like you to meet." Her eyes widen and she moves the popcorn to the coffee table and sits up straight. 

"Well, where is he?" She asks. I pick up my phone and dial his number again.

He picks up on the second ring "Hello?"

"You may come inside."

"Okay." He hangs up. A few seconds later, the door opens and he walks in. He's wearing his gray beanie, a pair of black jeans and a red, pullover hoodie, and his dark sunglasses. I stand up and walk over to him, wrapping my arms around him. He kisses the top of my head and then looks at Courtney who is now standing a few feet away, impatiently waiting with her hands on her hips.

"Uhh, Courtney, this is my boyfriend, Josh. Josh, this is my friend Courtney." I say and taking Josh's sunglasses with me, I take a step back away from him. Courtney's face registers pure shock within seconds.