Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Josh, stop." I say and try and pull him to a stop. We're outside now and he's pulling me by my elbow through the parking lot like I'm in trouble or something. He looks like he's walking at his normal pace but I'm almost running to keep up with him. Not like I have a choice considering he's got a death grip on my arm.

When we get to the car, he finally lets go. "Josh, what are you doing?" I ask him.

"Did I hurt you?" He asks with worry in his eyes.

"N-no, but you're freaking me out a little. What was that about?" I ask.

He looks down at the ground. "I don't like it when people call you my girlfriend. It makes me feel inferior."

"Inferior how?" I ask because, even though this wasn't what I was talking about, I'm genuinely interested.

"Like how she said he's jealous of our relationship, comparing it to his and his girlfriends. I don't like that. I can't really explain it. I don't know how. And how one of them asked how we 'deal with each other all day' like I'm something you only tolerate. And then the suggestion of all the money I supposedly spend on you. So what if I bought you a car. Everything else I pay for, we share. The house and all that. It's not like it's not mine, too. I even drive your car sometimes."

Before he can continue on, naming thing he's mad about, I kiss him. He shuts up and kisses me back.

He's panting when I stop. I lean my forehead against his and ask him my real question. "How are things gonna get messy if it happens again?" I ask.

He chuckles. "Molly, it took everything I had not to knock that kid right out of his chair. I was surprised he even had the nerve to ask you some of those questions. About your job and all that." He sighs but then laughs again. "Did you see his face after I told him how much I made, though?"

I smile. "Yeah, I saw it. Pretty great."

"I wanna go home, Molly." Josh whispers.

"One more day, okay?" I say. He opens his eyes and looks at me. "Just that party tomorrow night and that's it. I'll call when we get back to the hotel and switch the tickets. I promise, now lets get in the car."

He opens my door for me and then shuts it when I'm inside.

We're quiet for a while on the ride home, but he, I guess, thinks of something.

"You said the other day that you wanted to live out in the country, right? Or is that something I thought you said?"

"I don't remember if I said it, or not. But it's true."

"Well, I was just thinking that if we do build a house wherever, we should have what would be a guest house, but Jason and Daniel can live there. If they aren't married off by then."

I think about mine and Daniels conversation last night about how he doesn't want to date Courtney. I remember the way he looked at me when he said it and his tone of voice.

"I don't think Daniel wants to get married."

Josh doesn't look surprised. "I don't think Jason does either."

"You don't?"

He shakes his head. "I think they're perfectly fine with each others company. You're the only girl I've ever heard either of them say anything good about you know. I mean, they've never said anything bad about anyone,"

"Unless you count Daniel calling Courtney crazy," I add.

He shrugs his shoulders. "Other than that, then. But I think he had the right to say that, because she is a little crazy."