Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I wake to an empty bed. My fingers stretch out in search of Josh's warmth but come up empty and immediately, I feel sad. My eyes open and I'm faced with the bright morning sun. I kick the blankets off and immediately regret it as I'm hit with icy air against my hot skin. I look down and realize I'm in Josh's t-shirt from last night, my bra, and my underwear. I ignore it because I'm more interested in finding Josh. After looking through the bathroom, living room, and even the garage in search of him, I'm in the kitchen when I find a note on the island counter.

*Went out to the store, be back soon, I love you. -Josh P.S. Courtney's with me.*

I read it twice and let out a small sigh of relief. He'll be home soon. I check the clock. Almost 10:30. I should probably get in the shower, but I decide to go back to bed.

I wake again when I feel my pillow being ripped out from under my head, and coming back down again, hard against my face.

"Wake up, bitch!" I hear Courtney yell and the pillow hits me again. I groan and roll over on my back. I open my eyes and see her in the air, mid-jump, and land across the bed, landing right on my stomach; she makes me catch my breath.

We burst into laughter and she sits up. She's quiet for a minute before she speaks up. "Oh. My. God." She says.

"What?" I ask giving her a weird look.

"I'm in Josh Hutcherson's bed!" She yells and you can clearly hear Josh's laugh from another room.

I smile at her and sigh.

"Grab me some pants, would you?" I ask her.

"No." She shakes her head. "Like I said, I'm in Josh Hutcherson's bed. What makes you think I'm gonna get up?"

"Well, I hope you don't mind seeing me in my underwear then." I say kicking off the covers again.

"Oh, god." She says and shields her eyes with the pillow. I grab a pair of Josh's shorts that I find on the floor and making my way out of the bedroom, I tell Courtney, "When you stop fangirling, you can find me out here."

I find Josh sitting in the kitchen. "Look who's on the cover of a magazine," He says in a sing-song voice as he pushes a magazine across the table to me. Sure enough, it's the picture of me and him in Macy's. Me in my red dress and heels and him in his sunglasses. The caption reads 'Sources confirm a Josh Hutcherson sighting in the Chicago Macy's.... But who's the Mystery Girl?'

I read it aloud and laugh. "Well, people won't be wondering for much longer."

"I know," He smiles, "That's why I bought it, I thought it was funny. Where's Courtney?" He asks and looks around.

"Still in your bed, probably collecting DNA to sell on the Internet." I joke.

"Probably. You should have seen her face when I told her I'd get her something if she went with me to the store today."

"Speaking of that, where did you go?"

"Uhhh... I have to tell you something first." I scowl at him. "I got Courtney a date."

"Who?!" I ask.

"Well, he doesn't know who she is either so I think it would be unfair if I said anything." He smirks. I run my fingers through his hair.

"Just tell me," I flirt with him.

"Taylor Lautner." He whispers.

My eyes widen and I'm speechless.

"How did you manage to do that?!" I ask in a loud whisper.

"He didn't have a date. I told him I'd hook him up with a friend of a friend." He explains.