Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I wake to my phone ringing. Somehow, I've ended up on the other side of the bed. I smack Josh on the stomach to wake him up. He groans and then picks up my phone. "Hello? Yeah, she's right here." He hands my phone to me.

"Hello?" I say after I clear my throat.

"Hi, Molly. It's Maura, remember me?" A woman's voice asks.

"Uhhh..." I think for a minute. "From Riddle Management?"

"Yes!" She says, happily. "You told me last week to call you back and ask again if you wanted this modeling gig or not. And we want you, you know that, but it's your decision."

"Yeah. I've thought about it a bit." I lie. "I guess I'll try it out. For a while anyway."

"So I'll see you on Friday then?!" She asks, excitedly. "You've got all week to prepare, it's only Monday."

"I guess," I half laugh.

"Alright. I'll see you then," She says and hangs up.

I fall back asleep for a while only to be woken up a little later by Josh and Dawson. "We gotta be quiet, Molly's sleeping." I hear Josh say.

"Sorry," I hear Dawson whisper.

"Go. Get in the bath, it's already filled up."

I hear both of their sets of feet padding on the carpet, and after a minute, I feel Josh flop down on the bed next to me. He's quiet for a second and then he starts to very lightly tickle me. He knows I'm awake.

"You should be in there with him." I sigh.

He chuckles a little. "He made me get out so he could get undressed."

I open my eyes now. "We can get married this fall." I say.

His eyes widen. "Are you sure? I don't want to rush you or anything."

I smile. "You're not. I've thought about it for a while and there's no point in waiting around. Besides, seeing you with him now, and seeing how well you've handled Tate when she's only a puppy. She's well behaved now. I know you'd be a good Dad."

"So.. When?"

"After my birthday. Maybe the end of November?"

He smiles again. "Sounds good to me." He says and buries his head into the crook of my neck.

I let him stay like that for a minute, then stop him. "Go sit in there with him." I say and sit up.

"How about you do it, I have to get ready to go."

"So do I."

"But I'll take like five minutes to get ready."

"What do you have to get ready for anyway?" I laugh. "You're going to play basketball with your younger brother. You don't need to shower, you're just gonna sweat anyway."

He chuckles. "Alright, fine. Go take one upstairs, though."

I get out of bed and grab some clothes, I've got extra shampoo and conditioner upstairs along with towels, so I hurry upstairs and rush through my shower only because even on the lowest setting, the water seems too hot and it stings as it falls over my skin. I hop out of the shower and realize as I start to dry off, that it wasn't the water that was making my skin hurt, it was just my skin that was hurting. Odd.

I pull on a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt with a Shakespeare saying on it and head back downstairs.

Josh is sitting in the bathroom with Dawson. "Did your dad pack you anymore underwear?" I hear Josh ask. This makes me giggle a little.