Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The rest of the school year seems to go by without any big occurrences.

Except for one.

During the spring semester, there's a type of talent show that's held by the high school. Anyone can enter, no matter what age, as long as they're from the area. Since O'Hare is technically a suburb of Chicago, "the area" includes the city and all the other suburbs.

So it's kind of a big thing, but the majority of the performers are from around here.

I'm actually in it a total of three times. Josh only knew of one, where a group of girls did the Bellas final performance from the movie Pitch Perfect. I got to do Fat Amy's part and Becca's part, which I was more than happy to do both.

The others were both secrets from Josh and Jason. Daniel, on the other hand, was in on one of them. I convinced him to do a performance with me.

There was tons of people there, so it was a good cover to bring our security with.

He was supposed to be coming with me to the concessions stand, but instead, we stood backstage in the auditorium while we waited for our turn. He didn't seem nervous at all and all mine had disappeared as soon as I got on stage for my first act.

Since Daniels part involves us using his hands, they clip small microphones to our ears that reach a little bit towards our mouths. We're in matching outfits now, since he changed his clothes. At least they match a little. I'm wearing a white pair of skinny jeans, a white camisole under a larger, forest green tank-top, my ashy black leather jacket, and a pair of black TOMS. He's got on a pair of jeans that match the color of my jacket and his polo matches the green on my tank-top. I even wrestled him into a pair of TOMS just like the pair Josh has. Only Daniels are a size fourteen. My hair is french braided down the side of my head and then gathered into a bun by the nape of my neck. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90741622

The act before us ends and someone hands Daniel a guitar. Someone else sets two identical stools in the middle of the stage, but near the front. I look up at him and now see how nervous he really is. Beads of sweat have formed on his forehead, he blinks a lot, and I can't see that he's breathing. I grab his hand in attempt to calm him down and he looks down at me, giving me a weak smile.

We're introduced as act 14 and I pull Daniel out onto the stage. His acoustic guitar is hooked up to an amp, so the only thing on the stage are the two stools. The whole place is quiet. Quiet enough you can hear the soft patter of mine and Daniels shoes as we make our way out to the stools.

We've previously agreed to look at each other and not at the audience. Both saying that it would be easier, and would calm our nerves. But we can't do that without looking like weirdos, so we sit in a triangle, sort of. Like, if we both reached our hands out and touched our fingers together, we'd make a triangle. This way, we can still look at each other, but face the audience.

After I sit down Daniel strums the guitar a few times and I clear my throat. He begins to play and I begin clapping in different rhythms to match the beat. A few seconds after that he begins to sing. "Oh, I just wanna take you anywhere that you like, we could go out any day, any night. Baby I'll take you there, take you there. Baby I'll take you there, yeah"

Kiss You.

By One Direction.

He takes Zayn, Liam's, and Louis parts while I take Niall and Harry's parts. He only has to continue doing the same chords on his guitar, but I have to change the way I clap, hit my thighs, and tap my feet throughout the different verses in the song. The only time the "music" stops is when either I sing "and let me kiss you" or Daniel sings Louis part that says: "Yeah, so tell me girl, if every time we"