Love for a game and a Master Plan

In Kate's arms I felt safe like the world did not feel so evil. Mike was gone.
I opened my eyes to see Kate walking down the highway.
"So we left him", I asked.
"yea it was either we left or we shoot him", Kate said.
"I am going to miss that kid", I said.
"Me too..Me too", Kate said.
She sat me down.
"You going to be okay,right", Kate said. "Mike would want you to lead on",.
She was right, Mike would have wanted that. To not get dragged down by his death.
"Yea, I will be fine", I said wiping away my tear.
"Good now lead on, Maddie", Kate said. I smiled.
I ran to the front of the group to where Wade and Wades friend were. He was a guy wearing a dark green shirt and had black glasses like Wades lost friend, Mark.
"Im ssorry, Maddie,about Mike he was a really great kid", Wade said to me.
"Don't apologise, it was not your fault", I said. "Anyway what is your friends name ?",.
"I am Bob,Wades friend, Thanks for saving me ", Wades friend said.
"Nice to meet you, Bob", I said.
"I never expected some one your age to save a guy like me", Bob said.
"Well you got to remember it was not just me, it was me and my team", I said. "Were family and family sticks toghether",.
"Wow, where are we even going ", Bob asked.
"We are headed to Atlanta,Georgia", I said.
"Why go there?", Bob asked.
"My mom went down to Atlanta to go look for work when I was younger but when the virus started I was at a local ice cream shop and didn't know if my dad and sister survived so my mom is my last chance", I explained.
"Okay, I wish I knew where Mark is", Bob mumbled.
"Me too", Wade respond.
"You Bob knew Mark", I asked.
"He was a great friend and would always take care of me and this moron. He would play xbox with us almost everyday. But when he disappeared with out a trace. When the virus hit I didn't have a clue if Mark nor Wade were alive", Bob explained.
"I hope we find Mark for you guys", I said.
"That would be a wish come true", Bob said.
As we crossed the bridge to Kentucky Me and Bob talked about Mark and my family.
Bob also talked about lots and lots of video game that I had heard of but never played. I remember that a year ago we had a Xbox and I went to school like everyone else that was until the market crashed causing mom to leave and Dad to be stressed out. I use to play a game called Skyrim. It was kind of like a midlevel game about you being a so called dragon born and what not but the reason I played it was because it was like a escape for me. An escape from classmates and teachers. I loved how you could battle large dragons and kill goblins and be who ever you wanted to be.
I explained to Bob why I liked the game and he agreed.
"I played Skyrim once and I did like it a lot but I have not played it lately", Bob said.
"Oh well lets just hope that this virus will come to a end", I said.
"I bet we all do", Bob said.
Once we crossed the bridge it was in late afternoon and the sun was high in the sky. It was the summer so it was super hot, hotter than any day I could recall.
"I am burning up", Anna said.
"Yea", Alex agreed.
"Just try to push through guys, try to last another 30 mins", I said.
"I wish we could just drive to Georgia", Wade said.
Then an idea popped in to my head.
"What if we can", I exclaimed.
"What are getting on about?", Wade asked.
"There are cars every where abandoned by people trying to escape all we need to do is find a house with a car and keys that is unlocked", I explained.
"Great plan all we need to do is find a town because there is no way we are going back", Ava said.
"We sure do so lets keep walking and if you can run", I said.
This had to be the greatest plan I ever had.