December Cold

I got to the bottom and was engulfed in darkness and the tiny flame at the end of the match was pitiful. I could only see a little of my hand in front of my face! It was better than nothing. As I began to look around I realized that this was a bunker. There were bunk beds and a gun case and a mini fridge! I slipped a few guns in my bag and a loaf of bread and lettuce and two tomatoes before heading back up to where the group was.

"What did you find?", Annalee asked.

"It was a bunker and I found guns and food", I said.

"Thank The Lord that you found food, I have not eaten since Ava's granola bars she have", Anna said.

"We should eat in the dining room at the table and feast, I think I saw a few candles we can light to keep this place a glow", Mark said heading towards that kitchen and grabbing about 10 candles, each we lit with the matches. We all gathered around the small table sitting in chairs. I was able to make everyone a tomato and lettuce sandwich and I had a little left over bread for later. I handed out  the sandwiches around the table and we sat them down on the table. We folded our hands and said thanks to The Lord that we found some food and we began to eat. The sandwich was not the best but it sat on my stomach pretty well. My throat went dry but we drank out of the tap of the sink. The water slid down my throat like a water fall.

"We need to keep moving, I'm going to take these candles with me for later tonight", I said. "Here every one gets a gun",.

I handed it out so everyone had one and Fritz kept Alex's so Alex could not do anything stupid. The left the cabin and strolled down the road some more. I had no idea where are next meal, home was going to be and I was scared because as we walked it did get pretty cold but we stuck together. There was a hole in my jacket that I did not notice and Mark offered his jacket but I rejected his offer. We needed to fend for ourselves now. I knew it was reaching almost late December. Jack Frost was making all of our noses run and made Anna started coughing and sneezing. We walked for about a hour and the sun rose high in the sky. Anna started to cough really hard.

"Are you okay Anna?", Fritz asked.

"I'm fine... Just a little itty bitty cough that's all", Anna said In between coughing. Anna's face was pale and I knew that she was coming down with a cold. I knew that Fritz would find out That she is sick and want to find medication as soon as possible. I ignored it as we walked with out talking to each other and I knew the only thing to keep us from going crazy was our thoughts. My dad use to tell me about how when my grandpa was at war and when he was captured by enemy troops he use to sit and think for hours about loved ones and that was the only thing that kept him from going looney. The wind started to pick up after a hour or two and the sun began to settle in the trees.

"Let's go get camp, Anna you could be coming down with something meaning we need to find you some medicine", Fritz said almost reading my mind.

"No I'm fine, I swear", Anna said grinning and trying to keep her self from coughing and sneezing. "Though it is pretty cold",.

"I got ya", Mark said picking up Anna and carrying her bridal style down the road. I saw that Anna did not mind being carried and I bet she loved it. I heard Mark start to hum Last Christmas by a lady named Taylor Swift. My dad said that that was the first song that him and my mommy danced to that first Christmas they were together. We strolled in to a small village like place with small houses and open fields.  I spotted a house that looked nice and did not look like it had been raided by the undead. It was painted white though the paint looked to be pealing and the door was painted a bright red. Annalee was able to pick the lock of the door for us to get in and as soon as we walked in a warm wave came over us. There was air conditioning and heating!
Fritz instructed Mark to take Anna in the bedroom by the front door and for her to lay and rest. Anna did not argue at this request and did as she was told. We were
Kicked out of Anna's room and we were told to rest up ourselves alone. We each got our own room and turned up the her to keep the house nice and warm and toasty. Shutting off my bedroom lights I slipped in to bed and closed my eyes hoping that Fritz could help Anna.