The Talk With Alexander

We all piled out of the car in discouragement. The sun was starting to set and there was not a town nor house in sight.
"Everyone grab your stuff we will just have to set up camp some where in these woods", I said pointing to a  forest.
"Yea, let's just totally go in to a forest while it is getting dark", Wade said.
"What are you scared, Wade?", I asked.
"Uh...no...not all lets go", Wade said. God, that guy was a really bad lier. Than I got a idea.
I reached in to my bag and got out a flash light.
"Okay than why don't you lead with this flash light and help us find a place to set up camp", I said smiling.
He started to sweat.
"Come on, Wade, don't be a baby", Bob said." You know what Mark would call you a big-bubble blowen baby",.
"Stop that fine, give me that", Wade insisted snatching the flash light out of my hands. I grinned.
Then we ventured out in to the forest. The sun setting fast. Wade turned his flashlight on.
The light sprung on causing the forest to laminate the forest.
"Reminds me of Slender Man", Bob said.
"What is that?", I said.
"It is a horror game where you are a guy trying to run from a guy in a suit", Bob explained.
"Does not sound that scary", I said.
"It really is", Bob said.
I turned to the others and said"Why are you all so quiet?",.
"We are all super tired after the long drive ", Kate said with a tired look.
"We will find a place so, right Wade?", I asked Wade.
"Umm.... Sure", he said."You guys talking about Slender man did not help me at all",.
"Sorry", Bob said.
Silence came over the group.
"What is that?", Wade said breaking the silence. I looked to where his gaze lead and there stood a decaying building.
"I don't know only one way to find out", I said.
"Oh..you mean go inside the place", Wade said raising a eyebrow.
"Of course stop being so scared", I said.
"Wow, you just got owned by a 12 year old", Bob chuckled.
"Oh ha ha", Wade said. "If that's the case than you lead, Maddie",.
"Okay than", I said grabbing the flash light. The group huddled behind me. We entered the building by walking through a hole leading inside. There were 3 halls to chose from.
"Which way guys?", I asked.
"Right is always right", Ava suggested.
"Then onward to the right", I said marching down the right hall. The flooring was mad of tile cracked and busted.
*Growl*
"What was that!", I exclaimed. After what happened to Mike what ever growled was really scary to me. I took a few steps back and bumped in to Wade.
"Oh look who's scared now", Wade taunted.
"Shut up Wade", I yelled. I pointed the flash light down the hall and the light only lead to a darker hall.
"We have to keep going", Fritz said.
"We could just turn back", I said.
"I agree", Wade said.
"Oh great now 2 baby's", Bob said.
"We can't turn back now there maybe some useful items in here", Fritz said.
"Yea", the rest of the group said. I looked at Wade who had a grim look on his face. I gulped.
"Fine, let's do this Wade", I said.
From that point on Wade was right next to me.
Then as we walked down the dark hall the growls got louder.
"Zombies must be close by", Ava said.
"Be ready for anything", I warned. My palms were sweating from fear. What if something were to happen to one of us? Like Mike.
I soon saw what was growling at us. It was 8 zombies and each of them had a infected dog.
"Each of us take one dog and one zombie, okay?", I said.
Then we charged. Screams and groans echoed of the stoned walls I came to a zombie and kicked him in the gut and then I threw 2 punches to the mouth. This caused the zombies decaying jaw to fall off. While fighting this dumb zombie I began to think about Mike. He just would no get out if my mind. Sadness came over me then compleat rage over the fact that the one kid who liked me was gone forever. I replayed his words in my head. I love you. I felt something snap in me like I was some evil thing from a dark place like I was crazy.
I then said " YOU STUPID THING! YOU RUINED MY LIFE NOW IT IS TIME TO RUIN YOURS!",. I drew back a ouch than WAM! I smacked its head to the point of where I was killing a motionless zombie.
Bob pulled me off of the zombie. I had tears coming down my face. Alex had already killed my infected dog. Silence filled the dark hall way and nothing could be heard over my sobs.
Bob picked me up and looked at me and said"Maddie, I know you miss your friend Mike but please don't stress over it. You don't need to be angry",.
Bob then gripped me in a hug and I relied this had been the 2nd time I have cried in front of them.
Bob sat me down and ruffled my hair. I smiled. I still had dry tears on my face making my face look red.
"I'm okay", I reassured.
I held my flash light tightly and stepped over the defeated zombie. Each step of my legs grew very heavy because of how tired I was.
"Look there is a empty room", Fritz pointed out.
Pig took a step in to the room filled with darkness and looked at the walls. Pictures of strangers. One pic was of a man and a women, the next was 3 children, and the last picture was of a house on a hill.
"Strange, but looks safe why not just sleep here?", I said.
"Finally sleep", Anna said going to the far corner and pulling out a blanket and curling up.
With that everyone went to there own spot and got ready to sleep. We figured that we needed to have night shifts meaning 2people needed to watch for danger. I volunteered because I really was not that tired.
"Who else wants to be with me?", I asked.
"What the heck, I will", Alex said.
I was really surprised at the fact that Alex volunteered.
"Great now let's all try to go to sleep. Goodnight", I said. Me and Alex sat in the dark hall with the flash light on guard.
"So why did you volunteer?", I asked Alex.
"I was not tired at all and I really just really wanted to talk to you about something serious", Alex replied.
"What do you want to talk about?", I asked getting a curious look on my face.
"Well.. I kinda like *cough* Anna", Alex said.
My eyes grew wide at the mirror fact of the statement.
"Whoa, have you told her that you like her?", I asked.
"No, I meant as a friend for the time being", Alex replied. I understood because we were in a zombie apocalypse.
"Oh..", I said.
"So how do you handle all for this, Maddie?", Alex asked.
"Like what do you mean?", I replied.
"I mean, with the infection and all",.
"Well, I don't really know. I just know that you guys are family for now until we get to where my mom is, she maybe able to help us. But it has been hard for me",.
"I see",.
"Anyway what were you like before this infection",.
"I went to school with Mike, we were both in the 6th grade. Fritz and Kate were friends before we were even born. Every day I would meet Mike and me and him would play video games and draw cartoons and talk", Alex explained.
"Wow, so you miss him to?", I asked.
"Of course, I do. After what happened that day I got angry at the world but did not show it as much as you did. Don't tell anyone but I did cry when you were with Mike", Alex confessed.
"That is okay in my book", I said with a smile. We talked about our lives for more that what seemed to be 2 hours.
"I guess we should wake people up for the next shift", I said.
"Yea, I had fun talking to you. I hope we will do it again", Alex said grinning.
"Me to com on let's go get some people", I said getting up and walking in to the black room where every one slept.
I woke up Wade and Alex woke up Fritz for them to take the next shift. Now it was time for me to rest, for now at least.